I've ended up with a corrupt file downloaded on to my media card. Before I even realized the file was there, my phone started rebooting itself over & over again until I figured it out & took the media card out. Luckily BB security software is good and my BB is unharmed. Unfortunately when a file is sent to me, I know of no way of checking it out before its automatically downloaded.

I need advice on if there's any way to remove the "write-protection" from my card so that I can delete this file using a pc. I can no longer access the card from my BB. The media card is currently in the adapter card, in the pc. I can see the bad file but I can't delete it. I also need to know how to reformat this card when I'm done transferring my files so I can use it again.
    I've never dealt with this before so any help is appreciated. Thanks CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 09:25 AM
    Can you copy the files to your PC and reformat the card using the PC? If that works, you might be able to then reformat the card with the BlackBerry and transfer the good files from the PC back to the card.

10-21-09 09:41 AM
    Can you copy the files to your PC and reformat the card using the PC? If that works, you might be able to then reformat the card with the BlackBerry and transfer the good files from the PC back to the card.

I'm currently transferring everything to a file on the pc. When I'm done, how do I reformat the card from the pc? I've never done that before. The BB will not support the card. As soon as I put the card in, my BB boots up & immediately shuts back off because that corrupt file is still there.

10-21-09 09:51 AM
    Right click on the card. Select Format.
    10-21-09 10:49 AM
    Got it Mama! Thanks for the help. I figured it out, formatted the card on the pc, and again in the BB to be sure.
    I'm so happy to have all my stuff back!
    Now does anyone know how to stop stuff from automatically saving? Particularly stuff sent through BBM.

10-21-09 11:04 AM
    Either request that they send it by email, refuse it, or at the very least, set up a seperate folder for BBM downloads, so you can dump it easy, and keep all that crap seperate.

I find it hard to believe someone can find CrackBerry using Google,
    yet couldn't find their "heat seeking moisture missile" in a speedo once they get here.

10-21-09 11:35 AM
    Don't trust people from TBL... For anything! Lol . Click my signature

10-21-09 07:32 PM
    Don't trust people from TBL... For anything! Lol . Click my signature

Hey Gluteus Maximus! You need to post that from your PC. That WAP signature isn't working for you buddy.

10-21-09 07:37 PM
    Hey Gluteus Maximus! You need to post that from your PC. That WAP signature isn't working for you buddy.

Oh right My bad There you go wolfy
    10-21-09 07:52 PM
    Oh right My bad There you go wolfy
    Umm, not to bust your chops more, *cough cough* but StrawBaby only uses WAP, she doesn't have a PC. So your signature, well son it's useless on her.

10-21-09 07:59 PM
    Umm, not to bust your chops more, *cough cough* but StrawBaby only uses WAP, she doesn't have a PC. So your signature, well son it's useless on her.

Lol, I can almost assure you she wouldn't enjoy it... Lol. I didn't, Chad didn't either Hahaha.
    10-21-09 08:04 PM
    Lol, I can almost assure you she wouldn't enjoy it... Lol. I didn't, Chad didn't either Hahaha.
    jeez... quite annoying indeed, specially if your doing something important with the browser
    10-21-09 08:12 PM
    jeez... quite annoying indeed, specially if your doing something important with the browser
    Hehehe. I guess you didn't believe me? I said it was annoying
    10-21-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD