I am fairly new BB user and ironically, I have come across a few online resources (including a video on Yahoo's homepage last week) about how BB user's may be causing themselves some headache in the near future in the form of thumb problems.

Personally, I find it hilarious and just can't grasp the idea of this wonderful little magic machine causing me anything other than a lot of pleasure!

So, my question is, How many of you here have ACTUALLY had or have thumb issues that have lead to problems and/or the need for surgery/rehab?

I'd love to hear from you all!

-J
    06-02-08 10:54 AM
    Thumbs of STEEL Baby!
    06-02-08 10:58 AM
    Good to hear one person on here has some thumbs!
    06-02-08 05:27 PM
    i've been typing for 7 days straight...no aches or pains yet
    06-02-08 06:36 PM
    Don't believe any of those "resource" that are going around! They are just malicious rumors put out there by those folks with dem iphone. They'll do anything to get people to buy their iphone, especially now that they have lost more of their market share to the good ole BB. Gotta give a " thumbs up " to the BB users who aren't a bunch of Wuss like those iphone users worrying about their Thumbs. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-08 07:01 PM
    Wuss? Not everyone has strong thumbs and mine hurt, so if that makes me a Wuss, so be it.

I lack the mobility to go at it hours on end like some of you do. I'll be the first to say, my thumb needs a break.
    06-02-08 07:12 PM
    You'll build those thumb muscles up in no time!
    06-02-08 07:16 PM
    No thumb surgery now or in the future yet.

06-02-08 07:20 PM
    No thumb surgery for me lol. And I'm on my BB all the time!

06-02-08 07:22 PM
    If you thumbs hurt you can always switch to your index fingers. That's how my husband types on his iphone (the "keys" are so tiny he HAS to use his fingertips!)
    06-02-08 07:39 PM
    Sounds like the restless leg syndrome thing isn't paying the dividends the medical establishment thought so they are creating another ailment, meds and treatment to follow.

Side note: On the RLS thing is there anyone else who sees Robert Klein singing "I Can't Stop My Leg" when that commercial comes on?
    06-02-08 08:41 PM
    Good to hear one person on here has some thumbs!
    Exactly I actually removed my thumbs from my hand just so I wouldnt have these problems later. I will reattach them once blackberry is dead and gone. LOL
    06-02-08 08:46 PM
    Hmm do you think its my BB causing my thumbs to go numb? Nah..couldn't be.

06-02-08 09:02 PM
    After years of typing on my cellphones, I have more strength in my thumbs than my biceps lol
    06-02-08 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD