corporate IT wont support blackberry on outlook unless its company provided. I've got a 5 month old Curve that I'm not ready to give up on. Is there a way to have outlook forward emails to either yahoo or google mail? Any limitations?
    Thanks,
    11-06-08 08:47 PM
    Most corporate IT policies do not allow you to forward email from the exchange server.
    11-06-08 09:11 PM
    You shouldn't be able to forward work mail to another mail. For whatever reason if you can and someone finds out you're doing it, that's pretty much grounds for being let go.
    11-06-08 09:14 PM
    That sucks... not worth losing job over... guess i might have to try to get at it via web outlook..
    11-06-08 09:22 PM
    Here's a good Corp IT issue. We use BIS. I had my work email responses set up to "reply to ... work email address". IT made an upgrade to the firewall and since the "reply to" address was different then the sending address all of the emails got flagged as spam.

The real stinker. People that "reply" to the BB email, but don't copy my work email. I've lost more important emails that way since I'm constantly dumping my BB inbox.
    11-06-08 09:53 PM
    My company has a similar policy about "pushing" the mail to my BB but I can go get it. My top accounts have my BB email address anyways. Frankly I think I have it just fine. My BB remains free from the Corporate big brother this way.
    11-06-08 10:33 PM
    No way around it, if your company IT Admin has set it that way then U R gonna have to live with it, sorry!
    11-07-08 02:58 AM
    Do you have web access for outlook cos you can set your berry to get the mail that way. I have a personal phone on BIS that work won't support with BES and my mail is pushed to the phone the same as my personal mail (no folders though, just inbox).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 05:40 AM
    The data concerned belongs to your company and if you access it in an unauthorized manner (they will decided that, not you) then you lay yourself open to being fired.
    11-07-08 06:47 AM
    Yeah but if you do have web access then it's not unauthorised is it?

11-07-08 07:56 AM
    Yeah but if you do have web access then it's not unauthorised is it?

Talk to the IT dept about that. See what they say. These things are done for a reason. I used to be a CIO for a bank. If anyone compromised my data security plan then the next stop was HR. Why? I was responsible for corporate date security. If there was a leak then my job was on the line.
    11-07-08 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD