Hi all,

This is my first post here which means I am still new.
    Is it possible to make a "backup" of all emails and contacts from BlackBerry that is company phone and connected to BES?
    I was reading something about removing IT Policy but I wouldn't jeopardize my job. All I need is to copy all emails and contacts from my BB to my PC. Even temporarily removing IT Policy should be OK as long as I can return it back to original policy.
    Please help

Thanks
    03-15-11 04:27 PM
    Disable wireless sync and then sync to outlook.
    03-15-11 04:31 PM
    You should be able to take a backup of a BES BB. Have you tried using Desktop Manager? Is it being blocked?

If you're just talking about work email and contacts that your BB syncs with Outlook/Exchange, its probably easier to create a PST from Outlook.
    03-15-11 05:04 PM
    MobileMadness002
    Where do i disable wireless sync (8900)?
    When I open BDM and go to Synch the "Reconcile email messages" is not available to be checked.
    When I go to Sync Configuration there is no Email option (only Calendar, Memo Pad, Address Book and Tasks) and it asks me if it's one or two way sync.
    All in all, wgen I click on Synchronize it still doesn't synchronize even address book that was originally checked.

TheScionicMan
    I created new email profile and wanted to do the backup there (not under my main profile) but as described above no success.
    What did you mean by creating PST from outlook?

Any help how can I backup emails and contacts from BB?

Thanks
    03-15-11 05:22 PM
    anybody?

please...
    03-22-11 01:59 AM
    open address book
    bb button
    options
    contact list (desktop)
    wireless sync (off)

then try using desktop manager to backup your contact list into outlook
    03-22-11 06:49 AM
    It's a bad idea what you're trying to do. BES emails and contacts are your company's property, you're basically stealing. This is why they invented BES in the first place.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 07:23 AM
    It's a bad idea what you're trying to do. BES emails and contacts are your company's property, you're basically stealing. This is why they invented BES in the first place.

I did it a few times in my early days, I collect the information for contacts, and I use the information, I COULD just manually add all the contacts to a personal address book, but it is just easier to do it this way.

Depending on your roll, the contacts you have are relationships you built, not your company, and if you were to be booted, those contacts are your work history, they are a useful tool to have in your personal collective

Just like when collecting business cards, when ever possible collect 2 from people, one for a personal collection, and one you would hand off to a colleague if you were to leave the company.
    03-22-11 07:31 AM
    I did it a few times in my early days, I collect the information for contacts, and I use the information, I COULD just manually add all the contacts to a personal address book, but it is just easier to do it this way.

Depending on your roll, the contacts you have are relationships you built, not your company, and if you were to be booted, those contacts are your work history, they are a useful tool to have in your personal collective

Just like when collecting business cards, when ever possible collect 2 from people, one for a personal collection, and one you would hand off to a colleague if you were to leave the company.
    Ok, contacts maybe not but emails?

03-22-11 07:33 AM
    It's possible the IT policy on your device is set to not allow you to backup databases to Desktop Manager.
    03-22-11 07:42 AM
    Ok, contacts maybe not but emails?

True, emails might be a little bit of a gray area depending on the content of the emails.
    03-22-11 08:46 AM
    Disregarding the possible illegality, even if you back them up to DM, I don't think you'll be able to restore them to a different device to view them.

03-22-11 09:08 AM
    Yes, what deRusett said, that is exactly why I would need it. In case I have to leave company all those contacts in my BB are there thanks to me.
    Why emails, because I still have lots of contacts (impossible to do it manually) in email only, not in my contact list.
    I assumed that even if I do BB backup I wouldn't be able to restore it to my private BB later on.

Any way to open contacts and emails at my computer, it doesn't have to implement into my outlook, as long as I can find specific person and/or email even in ASCII format?

Any other third party software that would read BB backed up file on my PC?
    Any other idea?

Thanks guys
    03-24-11 02:52 PM
    Yes, what deRusett said, that is exactly why I would need it. In case I have to leave company all those contacts in my BB are there thanks to me.
    Why emails, because I still have lots of contacts (impossible to do it manually) in email only, not in my contact list.
    I assumed that even if I do BB backup I wouldn't be able to restore it to my private BB later on.

Any way to open contacts and emails at my computer, it doesn't have to implement into my outlook, as long as I can find specific person and/or email even in ASCII format?

Any other third party software that would read BB backed up file on my PC?
    Any other idea?

Thanks guys
    Set aside a few hours and do it manually, not much else you can do, even if you could synch somehow there might be a trace left somewhere and you don't wanna burn any bridges.

03-24-11 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD