Not exactly an "Armchair CEO" idea... not exactly a "CrackBerry Site Suggestion".

If BlackBerry has elected to use "icanmakeitbetter.com" as their site for community feedback and suggestions, I think it's high time that CrackBerry management do a coordinated "blitz" on the site and get CrackBerry members to go to the site, establish their credentials and review and vote for the ideas that they want to see BlackBerry implement.

I understand that CrackBerry is a site that generates revenues to pay it's employees by having visitors and participation on CrackBerry.com... but CrackBerry is a site that (ostensibly) wants the best for both CrackBerry and BlackBerry... so I think CrackBerry members should be encouraged to participate on the blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com site and add our collective votes and ideas to that pool.

CrackBerry / Mobile Nations have undertaken a number of broad-based "month long" initiatives and I think this is one that serves the interests of BlackBerry Fans and the CrackBerry community members, even though it may not directly benefit CrackBerry / Mobile Nations, it's a worthy undertaking for a fan site.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    08-13-14 09:54 AM
    So, you expect Mobile Nations, which is a business which depends on user traffic to the site, to campaign to get its users to frequent a different site? Good luck with that.

I'm pretty sure that people who actually make a living from CrackBerry or MobileNations are supportive of the platforms to the extent that it furthers the business of the site. As the platform goes down, MobileNations moves on (see webOS Nation | webOS Forums, News, Reviews, Apps and Help).
    08-13-14 10:09 AM
    ^
    A platform that gets phased out means that the user base will shrink.
    WebOS was EOL'ed quite some time ago, so the majority of the community moved on.
    This on the other hand means, that the forum activity will see some negative growth.

When your product gets terminated, then it also means that you pretty much have nothing to say about it anymore.
    Which in retuning also becomes a problem for a dedicated blog of the platform, because it has nothing to report anymore.

So if you wanted to imply that MN actively discourages people to visit the site because they don't care about WebOS users...
    Then I think that you got it wrong.

Oth, maybe MN could strike a deal with BlackBerry, and get a nice amount of marketing&PR $.
    It's not like CB isn't the biggest BlackBerry online community on earth...
    Or that the people actually being nerdy enough to read blogs, might also spawn one useful idea, from the useless millions gathered in these forums.

The sales pitch should be easy

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 12:11 PM
    I think the folks at MobileNations would rather remain completely independent rather than be seen as a marketing arm for Blackberry. It may not mean that much to Blackberry users in these desperate times, however, the other MobileNations sites serve platforms that are either at the top or on the rise. Their objectivity is pretty important. For example, Rene Ritche from iMore is a regular on MacBreak Weekly which is the most popular Apple-oriented podcast. If MobileNations sites were considered to be marketing arms for smartphone companies, I doubt the TWiT network would have him so regularly.
    08-13-14 12:26 PM
    Don't take me so serious

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 12:38 PM
    I acknowledge that CB / MN is for profit... but like all sites that rely on community involvement but also maintain a good relationship with a corporate entity like BlackBerry, their great value, their raison d'etre, is bridging the gap between the INDIVIDUALS in the community who, as individuals, don't wield a lot of power. The management of MN sites wield power with the vendors BECAUSE they represent a community: and they members of the community participate because the management has that direct line to the vendor.

It's the same with any fan site: sometimes your best interests are served by setting aside your short-term interests for the benefit of your constituencies i.e. the BlackBerry user community and BlackBerry Ltd. One can't exist without the other. It's like the Matrix. BlackBerry is Neo. Trinity is the BB Fan community. CrackBerry has to be Morpheus here and let Agent Smith beat the crap out of him once in a while for the others to thrive. How's that? Maybe I should stick to Star Trek metaphors.
    08-13-14 03:17 PM
    I acknowledge that CB / MN is for profit... but like all sites that rely on community involvement but also maintain a good relationship with a corporate entity like BlackBerry, their great value, their raison d'etre, is bridging the gap between the INDIVIDUALS in the community who, as individuals, don't wield a lot of power. The management of MN sites wield power with the vendors BECAUSE they represent a community: and they members of the community participate because the management has that direct line to the vendor.

It's the same with any fan site: sometimes your best interests are served by setting aside your short-term interests for the benefit of your constituencies i.e. the BlackBerry user community and BlackBerry Ltd. One can't exist without the other. It's like the Matrix. BlackBerry is Neo. Trinity is the BB Fan community. CrackBerry has to be Morpheus here and let Agent Smith beat the crap out of him once in a while for the others to thrive. How's that? Maybe I should stick to Star Trek metaphors.
    Looool

+1 just for the analogy used

Check Out TechCraze
    08-13-14 03:38 PM