I just saw this on engadget, thought I'd share. Its pretty cool to see car manufacturers work so closely with RIM to integrate BB with their car systems like some have done with Apple devices (ipod, iphone).

Jaguar XJ with BlackBerry integration hands-on (video)

Theyre was also another similar video of a Corvette's NAv system running QNX Integrated with a Playbook, pretty awesome.

Im actually looking to buy a new car soon, maybe i should wait to get a car with Full BB/Playbook Integration!
    MsBrittz1016 likes this.
    05-04-11 08:39 AM
    Yep. We're at the show. Will be running videos of this on CrackBerry in a bit.
    MsBrittz1016 likes this.
    05-04-11 08:53 AM
    I want to see more car manufacturers offering remote start, door unlock/lock, trunk release, window roll up/down, turn on HVAC and set temperature, and turn on rear defrost control via smart phones like GM has.

BMW is offering something they call "smartphone integration" but it only seems to be for iPhones *sigh*.
    howarmat likes this.
    05-04-11 09:04 AM
    I want to see more car manufacturers offering remote start, door unlock/lock, trunk release, window roll up/down, turn on HVAC and set temperature, and turn on rear defrost control via smart phones like GM has.

BMW is offering something they call "smartphone integration" but it only seems to be for iPhones *sigh*.
    yeah me too, i am sure they will start to come out with that on many cars soon.
    05-04-11 09:07 AM

YEah they do have some pretty tight iPhone and iPod integration.

But they also had some Blackberry support and integration as well:
    05-04-11 09:10 AM
    Haha that's pretty awesome, I'm a car guy so I'm all for it as long as it doesn't take away from the driving experience .
    05-04-11 10:10 AM
    this is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my next car when i win the lottery hahahaha xD
    05-04-11 03:05 PM
    Yep. We're at the show. Will be running videos of this on CrackBerry in a bit.
    Is that going to be a Hands On review video?
    05-04-11 03:08 PM
    Love this feature! I would love to have it in my next vehicle. It would be cool to see you phone even be the key to your car if you choose. Not sure if that's possible, I think it would be though. Seems like there would be lots of possibilities with this.

What does everyone think it IS possible of?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD