As I've said before, I'm asking for advice from people who have used blackberries. Its a way to do research. If you disagree, why would you reply (which brings the thread to the top of the forum)?

If the title is convince me and youd rather criticize than help, skip it!
    Im not trying to criticize you, im just saying that if you really feel you need to be talked into switching to a new phone, maybe you shouldnt switch phones.

But that said heres my opinion.

- I mainly use my phone for voice/messaging
    I cant really say much about voice as ive never had a N1, but i did have a droid before my Tour and i will say that the Blackberrys always seem to be louder when talking on the phone which is a plus for me. As for messaging, i think it comes down to preferences, at this point both blackberrys and androids have threaded messaging, what it comes down to is physical keyboards vs software keyboards. Most people find it easier to use a physical keyboard.

- I use web browsing, twitter, facebook, sports scores the second most
    Web browsing i would say any android phones beats almost any blackberry, bigger screen more robust browsers. As for twitter/facebook, theres a million apps for both phones, you can find something that you like on either one. Cant help with the sports scores though.

- Sometimes I use gps navigation, camera, other stuff
    Gps i havent used on a blackberry yet, but on android it always worked amazingly well for me. Id also have to say the best camera ive ever had a phone was on my Droid.

- I never use it for games and I don't care if stuff looks "pretty"
    I know you dont care about games and looks, but if you did android would win hands down.

Hopefully that helps you make your decision.
    06-01-10 12:56 PM
    Like its our duty or something to try and sell you a bb... lol
    06-01-10 01:17 PM
    Do you want to do email well and nothing else? Then Blackberry is for you!
    06-01-10 01:28 PM
    Do you want to do email well and nothing else? Then Blackberry is for you!
    That makes no sense at all.
    06-01-10 02:00 PM
    That makes no sense at all.
    Im not thinking he is a fan of blackberrys.
    06-01-10 02:08 PM
    The Bold 9700 will do EVERYTHING on your list of uses. Of course the Nexus One will also...

How much is it going to cost to make how much difference?
    06-01-10 02:10 PM
    Im not thinking he is a fan of blackberrys.
    Could be, or just isn't aware they have real capabilities like multitasking and actually came out with copy/paste as a standard feature, not an aftermarket upgrade.

Ya, I went there.
    06-01-10 02:10 PM
    Chances are if you need to be convinced to buy a bb then you have already made your decision.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 02:28 PM
    Or I realize that the BB OS is so far behind it's embarassing at this point. How long has webkit been "coming"? The AppWorld is a joke in comparison to the Android Market, especially compared to a Nexus One.

Copy and Paste on Android is pretty bad, the iPhone on the other hand works quite well. As far as multitasking, Android does that and 4.0 is already confirmed to have multitasking. Moot point.

OS 6 for Blackberry really does look promising. If they can get HTML email to compete with the iPhone, get fast rendering and smooth multitouch in the browser, and get working on making the dev environment actually worth using, they'll have something going.

As it stands today, RIM really doesnt have anything unique to offer the normal smartphone consumer outside of push email and battery life. With OS 6 coming, they've got a real chance at being a contender again for consumer smartphones. I hope they don't screw it up.
    06-01-10 02:45 PM
    Alright can we make the requirements to post on this thread at least age 11? I don't need a flamewar, and I'm not demanding anything. I'm simply asking for opinions. And if your opinion contains no logical thinking, you're wasting everyone's time.
    06-01-10 02:55 PM
    It is still a personal preference and everyway you look at it will always be a personal preference. I like spinach but not everyone likes it. I happen to be a BB fangirl and always will be. I found it specially amazing when my laptop was having serious issues and it took two months for HP to come to bat and replace it. My BB enabled me to get all I had to do done and no complaints. I still use for many things even though my new laptop is fine. So, decide for yourself what you want, what your needs are and just use what makes you happy.
    I do see more BB users than other devices. RIM does need to improve the webkit and OS and they will. I don't use it for business, but if I did, I still would choose BB over Android.
    06-01-10 03:06 PM
    As it stands today, RIM really doesnt have anything unique to offer the normal smartphone consumer outside of push email and battery life.
    Two biggies. Games are stupid.
    06-01-10 03:12 PM
    As it stands today, RIM really doesnt have anything unique to offer the normal smartphone consumer outside of push email and battery life. With OS 6 coming, they've got a real chance at being a contender again for consumer smartphones. I hope they don't screw it up.
    Like almost all other people you have completely missed the boat. And on the side of that boat are the big bright letters BES.

That is something no one else can offer. Period.
    06-01-10 03:19 PM
    I agree that battery life and push email are very important, but almost every smartphone now offers push email (in one way or another).
    Actually games are pretty smart.
    Okay, I admit I love chess ... the board game.
    06-01-10 03:22 PM
    BBM is my reason to stick with BB.
    06-01-10 03:48 PM
    Like almost all other people you have completely missed the boat. And on the side of that boat are the big bright letters BES.

That is something no one else can offer. Period.
    Did you read to word CONSUMER?
    06-01-10 04:58 PM
    Both the 9700 and N1 are good phones but it all depends on your preference. I used to own a Curve and have owned a Droid for months and can easily say Android suits me better. It all depends on the user.

The N1 has 2.2 now and the 9700 will get OS6 pretty soon. I'm actually looking forward to how OS6 plays because I'll be loading it up on my mom's 9700. I think the new browser will be nice.
    06-01-10 05:09 PM
    If all you do is read and send email, I can see that being true. As far as a vast and growing group of smartphone users, we like to be able to do more than that.
    06-01-10 06:55 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD