Speaking about trying to persuade people to switch to BB10.

I have some success with converting some friends and family, especially those from a specific group i label as "qwerty naturals
    These are people who no matter how hard they try or what device they use are completely uncomfortable with full touch keyboards.

You can recognize them from a mile away. These are the people who either use 1 hand and 1 finger(index) to type or use both thumbs but are extremely slow and make constant mistakes (even though they have owned the device for months) I know they exist because I have converted some of them and I happen to be one myself.

Ive tried the iphone 5 and the Z30 but nothing beats the Q10 for me. This is also the reason why im a big big fan of the windermere no matter how ugly everyone thinks it is.

Go on guys, show them your qwerty phone and dont forget to show off the latest most popular apps installed and all the BB10 goodies. Start the conversation with something like '"Hey you seem to be struggling with typing on your phone there.........."
    Dmessenger and Shadowyugi like this.
    06-03-14 06:40 AM
    I can confirm such people exist.
    I would even go as far as saying that within my circle of friends, 8 out of 10 complain about typing on glass, and some of their messages are so full of typing errors that they can hardly be understood.
    However, none (!) of them made the move to a QWERTY-phone.
    The iOS users feel like they can't escape from their Apple ecosystem.
    The Android users want to continue playing their games (yes true, mainly youngsters) within their used OS environment.
    All of them are lazy enough to not wanting to spend time & effort to learn a new OS.
    All of them consider the current BB10 Q-screens way too small.

The new Windermere concept addresses some of these concerns, but not all. I am uncertain if it will be enough to change many of these user's minds, but I hope so. At least, it has to be way more sexy looking than the leaked images that started floating around recently.
    06-03-14 07:03 AM
    I've always used a curve, and i miss it every time i do texting on my full touch phone, nowadays.
    What do you think about the windermere Q30?

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-03-14 10:08 AM
    I would even go as far as saying that within my circle of friends, 8 out of 10 complain about typing on glass, and some of their messages are so full of typing errors that they can hardly be understood.
    The Android users want to continue playing their games (yes true, mainly youngsters) within their used OS environment.
    All of them are lazy enough to not wanting to spend time & effort to learn a new OS.

The new Windermere concept addresses some of these concerns, but not all. I am uncertain if it will be enough to change many of these user's minds, but I hope so. At least, it has to be way more sexy looking than the leaked images that started floating around recently.
    Agreed +1

What are your concerns regarding windermere?

For me its how the device will handle android apps given its 1:1 screen and to a small extent its looks/finishing.

06-03-14 10:11 AM
    I have a z10 and had for about a year. Just recently purchased the Q10 and something about that keyboard and former factor just feels right. I am so torn right now. Been switching between the two. I type pretty well on my Z10 with good accuracy. But I fly on the Q10 with no need to check my spelling. Hard to choose IMO. Z30 is way too big for my small hands.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    06-03-14 10:29 AM

Agree with you
    Android = laggy is except for stock android, viruses everywhere

Ios = stable os, best designed ui, great ecosystem...not user friendly bluetooth system lol

BlackBerry = user friendly, bugs everywhere, 10.3 ui is great <3

Posted via my Bo$$ BlackBerry Z10
    06-03-14 11:40 PM
    Agreed +1

What are your concerns regarding windermere?

For me its how the device will handle android apps given its 1:1 screen and to a small extent its looks/finishing.

My concerns are:

strange looks #1 - I know the leaked images might have been from a prototype, but the final version just HAS TO look much sexier - e.g. the back NEEDS TO look different than a greasy Q5, woven glass or faux leather & metal or whatever else makes it look classy has to be used - just to note that down.
    strange looks #2 - the form factor is VERY unusual, which might be a good thing, or not. People might feel positively overwhelmed when taking it into their hands, or appalled. Will it fit into pants pockets? Will it handle as well or better than e.g. a Q10? etc. We will only know once it hits stores. But the design approach that BB took is extremely risky.

Many people in this thread and elsewhere stated that it's the performance and the usefulness of a device that counts, rather than its looks. I strongly disagree. It has to be both. The best performing device will not sell if people get disgusted or embarrassed by ugly design. As always, sex(yness) sells!
    06-04-14 05:11 AM
    I am also looking forward to get the windermere as the next device. Currently using the Z10 as my primary phone.

As for the qwerty naturals, I can't speak for them as I never owned a qwerty phone. Fell in love with the BlackBerry brand because of the Z10 (surprisingly). Actually having some concerns on getting used to the qwerty keyboard once I get my hands on Windermere. It can't be that hard.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 05:55 AM