Hey guys

BACKGROUND:

Over the last few years ive been an android user, Ive never owned a Blackberry and had never used one up till a couple of days ago till my friend gave me his old cast off 8900 after my Desire went Kaput,
    At first (given the fact that the OS on that particular model must be out of date by now and RAM in short supply) i didnt see what the fuss was about with Blackberrys, however after a day or so i started to appreciate the keyboard and for an old(ish) phone the build quality still felt good.....so i started browsing for the latest model.
    I came accross the 9900 on youtube and i think i may have fallen in love with this device already, i reckon that this might be my first Blackberry (provided i can test the Browser in store to my satisfaction)

Anyway the question is really this, Has anyone/many others here converted from Android ? if so how have you found the water ?
    would you still have changed knowing what you know now and can you list any positives or nagatives you've found so far .

Any info most welcome

thanks everyone
    Last edited by BuckTheTrend; 05-09-11 at 06:58 PM.
    05-09-11 06:54 PM
    it always has and always will come back to does it fit YOUR needs? every single person on the face of this earth has their own opinion, preference, needs and wants. YOU are the only one who can tell if it is the right move for you.

Personally, I have NEVER found myself in a situation where I said, OMG if i had an android or iPhone with (x) app, it would change my life or save my life... We have lived for centuries without phones with crazy specs and boat-loads of apps. What do you use your phone for and maybe from there it will be easier to decide if the switch is good for you.
    05-09-11 08:34 PM
    Sure, thanks for the response

it makes sense what you say and to be honest its something im aware of.

Probably my main usage of my phones are messaging and browsing.

Messaging on a device such as the 9900 is a given that it'll be first class (as im sure it is with all the BB range) im a big fan of whatsapp at the moment and im sure i will continue to be....as well as BBM should i get the 9900.

i guess that my main worry is how the browser will stack up against what im used to on Android, im thinking that ill be able to cope with the reduction in screen real estate but its how smooth and easy to use the browser is that is key.
    i guess (having given it some more thought) that it would probably be handy to know how users feel about browsing on OS6, not overly about rendering speed but more the general feel and navigation of the browser i guess....im presuming that other than cpu grunt and slight tweeks they're similar?
    Oh, and im still intrigued as to weather there are other recent converts from Android to BB, to which my original question stands

thanks all
    Last edited by BuckTheTrend; 05-10-11 at 04:37 AM.
    05-10-11 04:34 AM
    I think you will love the browser for one reason alone; keyboard shortcuts. Here's a list of some of the different keyboard shortcuts you can take advantage of:

W - Open up the tabs menu
    T - Scroll to the top of the page
    B - Scroll to the bottom of the page
    R - Reload the page
    A - Add a bookmark
    H - Return to homepage
    BuckTheTrend likes this.
    05-10-11 06:05 AM
    I think you will love the browser for one reason alone; keyboard shortcuts. Here's a list of some of the different keyboard shortcuts you can take advantage of:

W - Open up the tabs menu
    T - Scroll to the top of the page
    B - Scroll to the bottom of the page
    R - Reload the page
    A - Add a bookmark
    H - Return to homepage
    Thank you, thats a good start
    05-10-11 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD