Has anyone seen this movie yet? Saw it last night, and really enjoyed it.

But, I'm posting here to point out that the movie really is Blackberry centered. Not sure if Mark Wahlberg is a BB guy, but the main characters all had BBs and BBM was shown off a few times as well.

Also wanted to point out that a lot of Hollywood still uses Blackberry. A few actors/celebs I know have them, and they definitely have a movie presence. But its nice to see a blockbuster where every main character doesn't have an iPhone.
    01-15-12 03:19 PM
    The Wahlberg family are big into BBs. Can't wait to see the movie.
    01-15-12 03:28 PM
    Has anyone seen this movie yet? Saw it last night, and really enjoyed it.

But, I'm posting here to point out that the movie really is Blackberry centered. Not sure if Mark Wahlberg is a BB guy, but the main characters all had BBs and BBM was shown off a few times as well.

Also wanted to point out that a lot of Hollywood still uses Blackberry. A few actors/celebs I know have them, and they definitely have a movie presence. But its nice to see a blockbuster where every main character doesn't have an iPhone.
    I caught it two weeks ago at a Premiere here in NYC. Thought the movie wasn't so great, but did notice all the BB phones.
    01-15-12 03:30 PM
    I think celebs appreciate the security-centric device that is BlackBerry

Privacy is extremely important for celebs and at that level and they don't have to pretend to be cool with iPopular phones
    01-15-12 04:33 PM
    I think celebs appreciate the security-centric device that is BlackBerry

Privacy is extremely important for celebs and at that level and they don't have to pretend to be cool with iPopular phones
    Lol the iPopular Phones make me laugh. Now don't get me wrong. I love Apple computers, but their phones are god awful. Especially with "Siri" and the "new features" that came with the phone:

"

*Like now! You soo totally can hold the phone like anyway you want! Wicked feature, ya'll no?

* Now you can post pictures on your twitter account! [I was able to do that on my old Curve which I bought in 2009]
    "

It made me lose a lot of respect for Apple...but they're computers are awesome.
    01-15-12 04:56 PM
    I noticed a lot of Torch sliding action for Mark Wahlberg's character and the high number of BlackBerry phones as well.

Espionage, money laundering and crime..I can't imagine co-ordinating these activities with any other smartphone. They did a close-up of messaging in the movie...can you imagine seeing the more round bubble messaging as featured on the other OS'?
    01-15-12 05:11 PM
    ive been watching Supernatural and Jared Padalecki's character Sam Winchester has a BB World Edition for at least two seasons now. Also watched P.S. I love You with the gf the other night and noticed that the wifes little shrine to Gerald Buttler's character, her husband, had Buttlers actual phone in it, a BB Pearl.
    Last edited by JAGWIRE; 01-15-12 at 05:20 PM.
    01-15-12 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD