The title says it all really. I'm on a small carrier that covers a few islands around the UK and they do offer BIS etc.
    However, in the town I live in, for the 9 months I have been with them, I've had the same problem in the town which I live, the outgoing arrow just stays lit and nothing gets sent or received until I move, even just down the street can work sometimes. This isn't a handset issue since I have tried my original 8520, a 9700 I bought and finally the 8820 I have now while my Bold is out of action needing a new screen.
    What should I aim for? Should I see if I can get a major discount on the BIS or should I push for a new handset with Android or something similar?
    Thanks in advance
    Ben
    03-01-11 09:49 AM
    ah, Ben??? the title DOESN'T "say it all". Since u decided it's not a handset issue, I'm unclear why you posted, asking about Android.
    03-01-11 09:58 AM
    Sorry, I mean what should I ask my carrier to do? Should I threaten to cancel or ask them to change my contract? It's more of a how should I use my consumer rights issue.
    03-01-11 10:00 AM
    Sorry, I mean what should I ask my carrier to do? Should I threaten to cancel or ask them to change my contract? It's more of a how should I use my consumer rights issue.
    Ask for them to solve your must pressing issue. Don't threaten--they've all heard that ploy. Be nice! Let them know EXACTLY what you are having trouble with, and see what they suggest. If you don't like their suggestion, negotiate. Good luck.
    03-01-11 10:03 AM
    I've been asking them since november, they promised the problem would be solved, I've spoken to engineers etc. I know full well getting angry won't work, but what should I negotiate to? People with Android handsets on the network don't have my problem, even with my SIM in, on 2g/3g, it doesn't make a difference. Should I press for a HTC?
    03-01-11 10:06 AM
    I've been asking them since november, they promised the problem would be solved, I've spoken to engineers etc. I know full well getting angry won't work, but what should I negotiate to? People with Android handsets on the network don't have my problem, even with my SIM in, on 2g/3g, it doesn't make a difference. Should I press for a HTC?
    ah, then "yes" I'd ask for a free replacement, given your circumstances. I've read countless stories of people getting new phones to replace problematic models, such as Verizon's Storm (Verizon has provided customers with the Storm 2, for example).
    03-01-11 10:10 AM
    That would involve changing my contract to keep them happy too probably, I pay the equivalent of $25/month extra for the BIS service, whereas it would be around 7$/month cheaper if I used a traditional data plan.
    I'll give it a try though and post back when I get a reply
    Thanks
    1812dave likes this.
    03-01-11 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD