Hi, Can anyone out there tell me what I am doing wrong? I have download the app. conja for google contacts and I tried synching and it just sat there with the hour glass turning but the status bar wasn't moving. I thought I had it all set up with the settings and everything but nothing downloads. The BB is new too me and I have had nothing but trouble. I really would like an organizing app with all the tools like calendar, contacts, tasks, memos etc and lots of colors for like catagorizing, does anyone know of one. Or has anyone every used the software "Anytime Organizer Deluxe" which says you can use with mobile phones and pda's??? Any suggestions would be very helpful. I've been trying to set up my phone for over a week plus learn how to create websites and I am brain dead right now. I can answer and make calls right now that's about it.
    Thanks for all suggestions and help.
    webangel211-Denise
    06-22-09 07:36 PM
    Do you have a gmail account? You didn't mention anything about it and you need one in order for it to sync.

Chris
    06-23-09 02:16 AM
    If you do have a gmail account have you check the box next to sync contacts and sync calendar?
    06-23-09 03:09 AM
    Hi, Can anyone out there tell me what I am doing wrong? I have download the app. conja for google contacts and I tried synching and it just sat there with the hour glass turning but the status bar wasn't moving. I thought I had it all set up with the settings and everything but nothing downloads. The BB is new too me and I have had nothing but trouble. I really would like an organizing app with all the tools like calendar, contacts, tasks, memos etc and lots of colors for like catagorizing, does anyone know of one. Or has anyone every used the software "Anytime Organizer Deluxe" which says you can use with mobile phones and pda's??? Any suggestions would be very helpful. I've been trying to set up my phone for over a week plus learn how to create websites and I am brain dead right now. I can answer and make calls right now that's about it.
    Thanks for all suggestions and help.
    webangel211-Denise
    have you tried actually using the official google sync software?
    06-23-09 03:51 AM
    Hi All, Yes, I have checked off the calendar and contacts boxes and yes I am using the official google sync download and yes I have created actually 2 accounts in Google for the calendar and the contacts. I tried synching my contacts last night, I have 92 and it froze up. The hours glass kept turning but the status bar was not moving at all and I let it run for a while. On another post someone has mentioned the software Agendus by Iambic.com which looks really good plus it was originally created for the Palm. And another person suggested Poctet Informant by Webis and I found Anytime Organizer by Individual Software. I think I am going to try the trial versions first then I may just go with one of them. I don't understand why I am having so much trouble with this phone business.
    Any more suggestions will be very much appreciated. Thank you all
    webangel211--Denise
    06-23-09 06:06 PM
    I successfully synced my mac address book using some program to google contacts. then i d/l google sync to my bold to sync those contacts to my phone and it worked out great! only downside is....for some odd reason, my contacts are now split into 2 parts. top part being the contacts i manually entered, and bottom half, starting with A again, were the contacts i synced thru google. anyone know how to fix this? when i press the first letter of a contact to look them up, only those on the top half will show up....its kinda annoying. i'd have to scroll down to my contacts that were in my google contacts to reach them.
    06-27-09 02:33 AM
    I don't sync the contacts part of Google Sync. It does sync the people in "my contacts" in the Google account. I tried it once and It did something wierd to my contacts in BB list, but it wasn't worth it for me. The calender part is great.. I do wish they would color code it... They need to add that feature in the up coming OS's...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 04:11 AM
    Hi Everyone, Just read the recent posts. Thank U everyone for replying on my situation. I'm still playing around with this thing. I bought the Anytime Organizer software and it did not work with the BB even though the box says you can sync with most mobile phones and it screwed up my Palm syncing that I already had on my computer. So I uninstalled it and will probably try to sell it at my tag sale in July. I agree with straightwisdom about the color coding because that is how I do my calendars now. My Palm Tungsten calendar is color coded and then I take highlighters and color code all my calendars the same as the Palm (ie...my drs appt. are all in orange, church activities are all in pink, etc.) and that's what I really want but I might have to settle with just a plain one color calendar on my phone if I can find a calendar that works. I am finding that I like the google calendar a whole lot. I figured out how to color code that one and they are added more new appl. I just wish I can sync any calendar into my BB so I won't have to put all my appts. and contacts in by hand. Then I can figure out how to take pictures off of my phone and use the phone to the fullest. All this just to say THANK YOU FOR SUGGESTIONS. Keep them coming, they do help.
    07-05-09 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD