I wiped my 8900 and reloaded the latest Driphter hybrid on it but not I can't get my contacts to sync with Gmail. Wireless Sync is grayed out in the Contacts options and when I got into Default Services contacts doesn't even show up. I went back into the email setup icon and verified that contact sync is checked there but can't get anything to show up. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 02:33 PM
    I would try downloading Google Sync and using that. I think that service is better than syncing it through email settings.
    08-02-10 02:46 PM
    I had too many issues with multiple duplications on my contacts. I've had good luck with the Google plugin surprisingly, until now

08-02-10 07:31 PM
    Do you have contacts synced with both Google Sync and through the BlackBerry e-mail settings? There is a $2-3 app called Contacts Cleaner that will go and delete your duplicates. Make sure only one is syncing (I chose the Google Sync App). Delete duplicates and go to Google Contacts on your computer and see if there are duplicates. THEN try to sync again.

I had this problem before and after a few syncs it finally worked itself out.
    08-03-10 09:54 AM
    No I'm only using the email sync, not using Google Sync anymore. I'm hoping to not have to anymore, anyone else know how to get the BIS sync working?

08-03-10 02:34 PM
    I have a 9700 and have had the same issue twice when upgrading the OS. The Gmail plug-in doesn't initiate the activation process to enable the BIS contact sync.
    I have been looking for a solution to initiate the gmail plugin activation manually (including updating the BIS Account settings and resaving) but have not found any solution yet.
    The only method that has worked for me is to delete and re-add the account in BIS.
    08-03-10 05:14 PM
    I had the same problem, but it was an one time issue and never returned.

08-03-10 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD