I have spent well over an hour searching for a solution and haven't found it.

Trying to sync my contacts (Storm2). I have over 500 contacts buy only 30 actually sync. This was Google Sync, Outlook and Lotus Notes. At first I tried Google Sync and chalked it up to "hey....it's beta....". But, after trying on both Outlook and Notes realized it is some other problem.

Any ideas on why it is only synching a very small percentage of my address book? Thanks
    04-15-10 11:18 AM
    Additional info.... I just noticed that when I open the address book on the Storm2 and press "Select Contact List" it gives the following options [] Show all contact lists [] Default [] Desktop [] Desktop. Not sure why it lists Desktop twice. BUT.....the 2nd "Desktop" happen to be the 30 contacts that actually sync. I still don't know what to do with this....but I'm getting warmer I think.
    04-15-10 11:36 AM
    Google sync sometimes could be disappointing..Maybe you should try other apps ..
    like Mobiso from app world..
    or Lookout Mobile Security..it works great and backs up your all contacts its web page...also anti-virus also mobile tracker..

Fatih Kurnaz
    (Avea, Vodafone, Turkcell Blackberry Bis)
    04-15-10 11:45 AM
    I found the answer to my problem...it worked perfectly.

Re: Problem with Contact List - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Try this please

1. Open Desktop Manager on your PC.

2. Open up Backup/Restore > Advanced.

3. From Advanced you'll see a split pane screen. The left pain is what is going to be backed up from your device and the right is a list of the currently existing databases.

3. Highlight on the right side your Address book database and click the arrow in the middle pointing to the left. This will copy the information over and prepare it for back-up.

4. Once the back-up has completed, hit the Clear button at the bottom to erase and clean out the entire Address book database.

5. After it's finished, it will ask you if you want to save the back-up you've created, say yes and check the device to make sure the address book has been properly cleared out. Now, resync the necessary contact information and you should be set to go.
    04-15-10 12:49 PM
    That's something different but a known way of back-up..that's ok..if you solved your problem..there ya go
    But I highly recommend lookout app..

Fatih Kurnaz
    (Avea,Vodafone,Turkcell BlackBerry,Bis )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 12:55 PM