Anyone know how to get rid of contacts folder in pictures section of media? I just noticed it today. The only new app I can remember installing is Sims 3. Anyone got an ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 10:23 PM
    Its from BBM 5 I think. You can delete it from a Linux box as root, so I would imagine you can delete it as Admin on a windows PC

07-31-09 10:26 PM
    Anyway you can walk me through that? I'm alil slow on the pc end of BlackBerrying.

07-31-09 10:41 PM
    Connect the BB to the PC via the usb cable. If you get a message on the BB about mass storage mode, select yes. You may get a pop up on your PC, if so select open folder to browse files. If not, open my computer and look for a new drive. That will be your BB. Open it, open the media card folder, then open the images folder. Right click on the contacts folder, copy and paste somewhere just in case. Then delete it.

07-31-09 11:28 PM
    That didn't work... Its on the device memory not the media card. I can't seem to delete the folder

07-31-09 11:36 PM
    I found a way to delete it in media manager but now it came back after a battery pull. Its driving me nuts, I like a nice clean device and this is useless clutter

07-31-09 11:48 PM
    Lol. I just did a batt pull and lo and behold you are correct. Its back. Sorry bout that. At least I'm suscribed to the thread in case someone knows how to kill it for good

08-01-09 12:27 AM
    Can you turn off avatar caching (or avatar displaying period) on BBM5? Otherwise, you will need to delete it everytime you restart. (It is trying to avoid having to redownload the avatars each time you reboot your phone. (Saves time for you and bandwidth and server cycles on their end)
    08-01-09 08:32 AM
    Been messing around with it all night still can't get rid of it, someone has to know how to though

08-01-09 10:48 AM
    Why don't you just hide it if its appearance is what bothers you?
    08-01-09 11:01 AM
    I have tried to hide it several times, it won't let me hide it. I'm not even able to hide the pictures inside of it

08-01-09 11:17 AM
    i;ve also been trying to get rid of that contacts folder...!! i dont even know where that folder came from....
    10-12-09 03:22 PM
    Urgh updated to the mainstream bbm5 and still can't even hide that folder let alone get rid of it!

10-15-09 06:48 PM
    Did anyone ever figure out how to get rid of this? I've even uninstalled BBM completely and this folder is still there. I, too, am not a fan of unnecessary clutter.
    06-16-10 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD