I am getting a Blackberry and one big reason is I am a heavy Outlook 2007 user both for contacts and calendar. Is there such a thing as an especially excellent program which will run on a Blackberry Curve that will use Outlook 2007 data but have a few added features which are worthwhile?
    05-10-09 07:05 PM
    If you find one, message me bc I am looking for the same thing.
    05-11-09 12:40 PM
    What added features are you looking for? Most things translate directly over on the BB from Outlook. BB does have several user defineable fields if there are things that are missing.
    05-11-09 03:08 PM
    To be honest, I have not thought it through carefully enough yet to know exactly what added features I want, but am sure I may be able to think of some once I am using it. I have been having a battle with Outlook 2007 for months now on my desktop. So, I guess I am just partly fed up with it and it would make me feel better if I had something that just looked different and worked flawlessly.
    This may sound like a little bit on the rambling side.
    05-11-09 06:55 PM
    I am looking for a separate program that some of the items will sync with other programs. For example, if I enter contact information into program A, only the name, phone #, address, etc., will synce with Outlook and therefor my BB. But the other info I type into 'new' program, will synce with my pc. The other info would be things like what happended during the meeting I had, what the office manager's name is, what food they like / don't like, any things I need to remember for next sales call.
    05-12-09 07:52 AM
    I will keep my eyes open Vinndy. If I find something I will post it.
    05-12-09 03:52 PM
    If you are syncing with Outlook, you really don't need to go any further. If you want all of that information associated with the meeting, just use the notes field in Outlook and also on your blackberry (they sync just fine). If you want some of that with the contact (like supervisor's name or assistant or favorite food) you can put it into the notes field in the contact or the appropriate field in Outlook. You may need to define some of them as a User Defined field on your blackberry and match the fields for syncing but that isn't very difficult.
    05-12-09 08:21 PM
    If you are syncing with Outlook, you really don't need to go any further. If you want all of that information associated with the meeting, just use the notes field in Outlook and also on your blackberry (they sync just fine). If you want some of that with the contact (like supervisor's name or assistant or favorite food) you can put it into the notes field in the contact or the appropriate field in Outlook. You may need to define some of them as a User Defined field on your blackberry and match the fields for syncing but that isn't very difficult.
    Thank you for this info and I agree with you. But there is one major thing that outlook cannot do that I need, quanitfying vists, and running various reports. For example: run a report that shows how many sales calls in the last month and what were the outcomes of those vists. I do not think this is possible via outllok, but if i am wrong, please let me know and I will save myself a ot of time and $.
    05-13-09 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD