I recently had to get a new phone (Blackberry Key2 LE) after my KeyOne was stoten. Although my contacts weren't backed up, I can see them all in the Messages app when starting a new message. However, the contacts do not show up in the Contacts app. Is there a way to move/copy them from Messages to Contacts?
    11-09-18 10:12 AM
    Open your contacts app and go to Settings, see if the source for your contacts is checked off under Accounts. If it's not, check it off. It seems like the contacts app isn't sure where to be pulling your contacts from. Either way, you can't transfer them from the messages app, but you should be able to pull them in, there's just something wrong in the setup somewhere.
    11-09-18 01:13 PM
    Thanks. I was hopeful that your suggestion would work, but doesn't look like it. It seems that the contacts that appear in the Messages app aren't stored anywhere, which doesn't make sense to me. Even when I try to copy a contact to the SIM card or to Local Contacts on the device, it still doesn't appear there. I may be out of luck and will have to re-enter them. At least I still have the info and it gives me an opportunity to purge. And lesson learned to backup contacts once entered.
    11-12-18 04:11 PM
    Thanks. I was hopeful that your suggestion would work, but doesn't look like it. It seems that the contacts that appear in the Messages app aren't stored anywhere, which doesn't make sense to me. Even when I try to copy a contact to the SIM card or to Local Contacts on the device, it still doesn't appear there. I may be out of luck and will have to re-enter them. At least I still have the info and it gives me an opportunity to purge. And lesson learned to backup contacts once entered.
    Do your contacts show up when you search for them in the phone app?

Anyway, from here on I would just use Google Contacts instead of the stock Blackberry Contacts for a seamless integration. Just download the app, make sure contacts syncing is enabled in Settings -> Users & Accounts -> Google -> Account Syncing

While you're in there, disable any syncing you don't really need and should save you a bit of battery (such as fit data, news etc)
    11-13-18 04:16 PM