What would be the realistic outcome if every current BB owner was to purchase say 2 or 3 shares of RIM on say the 15th of August. One large united push. And every current BB consumer would vow to buy or upgrade to a BB 10 device in January or February. If a person could not afford to upgrade right then, then they could buy 2 more shares instead. What would be the real possibilities to give RIM a shot in the arm and boost their confidence and let the media know it's not over? If some one could post the simplest way to securely purchase stock I think it could help. If the first drive went well and their value went up it may be worth having another consumer drive. Any comments? I don't want my choices limited to an Iphone or Android. But that's what's coming.........
    07-18-12 03:16 PM
    I would, I already own stock and would buy more
    07-18-12 03:23 PM
    Id buy probably 20000 worth of RIMM stock. I have that moch confidence thqt RIM will bring my investment up
    07-18-12 03:26 PM
    If every BB user bought two shares, they'd buy 160 million shares of the 524 million outstanding. The money doesn't go to RIM though, it goes to the person who's selling the shares. RIM got their money for them already...
    07-18-12 03:28 PM
    How would RIM benefit from such an influx of investments?
    07-18-12 03:39 PM
    If every BB user bought two shares, they'd buy 160 million shares of the 524 million outstanding. The money doesn't go to RIM though, it goes to the person who's selling the shares. RIM got their money for them already...
    How would RIM benefit from such an influx in shares?
    07-18-12 03:40 PM
    We should wait till after the next earnings call to buy shares because the stock is going to drop again then (won't be a pretty Quarter). Actually two calls to drop before BB10 is released. I would like to see RIM have a pre-order for the phone. If they could say we have X millions pre-ordered I think it would shut some people up.
    07-18-12 04:08 PM
    Why I should we wait and let things get worse before we tried to jump in and help with a strong concerted effort? It would be a psychological boost as well as a financial.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-18-12 04:45 PM
    You really need to read up on the stock market and how it works...
    07-18-12 05:09 PM
    When are people going to get it through their heads that we as consumers have one responsibility to the health to Research In Motion and that is to buy their product if we feel said product is worth purchasing.

Suggesting that every one of RIMs almost 80 million BlackBerry users plunk down money to give RIM a psychological boost (the financial impact is negligible at best) is irresponsible, asinine, juvenile, and so "pie in the sky" as to be almost laughable.
    07-18-12 05:11 PM
    Don't sugar-coat it AG, tell us how you really feel!
    shaleem and Superfly_FR like this.
    07-18-12 05:13 PM
    When are people going to get it through their heads that we as consumers have one responsibility to the health to Research In Motion and that is to buy their product if we feel said product is worth purchasing.

Suggesting that every one of RIMs almost 80 million BlackBerry users plunk down money to give RIM a psychological boost (the financial impact is negligible at best) is irresponsible, asinine, juvenile, and so "pie in the sky" as to be almost laughable.
    Every time I see that little squirrel in a fedora, I know there's gonna be some common sense coming up.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-18-12 07:25 PM
    What would be the realistic outcome if every current BB owner was to purchase say 2 or 3 shares of RIM on say the 15th of August.
    The realistic outcome would be that, at least in the US, you would theoretically incur a $7 trading charge to buy 2 shares worth $14 total. Realistically most brokers would refuse such a tiny trade because shareholders (from whom they'll have to buy) will generally not agree to sell anything less than a minimum number like 500 or 1000 shares.

And every current BB consumer would vow to buy or upgrade to a BB 10 device in January or February.
    Not even going to address how insane this sounds. When did RIM buy SJ's Reality Distortion Field?

I don't want my choices limited to an Iphone or Android. But that's what's coming.........
    This is something we can all agree on. But expanding choice is not your responsibility. If you are seriously considering buying shares with the company in a tailspin, then you are expressing your support for the idea that Thorsten Heins is being paid $20 million to essentially watch the company crumble and act as a scapegoat.

If you are serious about this, you could set up a collection campaign on a crowdsourced capital website like Kickstarter. You'd have to collect A LOT of money and make a big trade (at least 10-20% of daily trading volume) to make a dent in the share price. Good luck.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-18-12 08:53 PM
    I suspect OP's position is in red big time
    07-18-12 09:08 PM
    The purpose of investing in the stock market is to make money as an investor, not to provide charity funds to a corporation.

I invest in companies that I believe will make money for me.

I donate to charitable causes that I support in order to give back and help.

Corporations are not charities; therefore, they do not get my investment money just because I like them.
    07-18-12 11:24 PM

Another thread on how to support rim..... Buy a freaking phone!!!! Or a playbook! Or do like I did and buy 2 os7 phones and 3 playbooks

Rim makes money selling hardware and services.
    07-19-12 12:27 AM
    Another thread on how to support rim..... Buy a freaking phone!!!! Or a playbook! Or do like I did and buy 2 os7 phones and 3 playbooks

Rim makes money selling hardware and services.
    Yep. I have bought a total of 6 BlackBerry smartphones and 7 BlackBerry PlayBooks during the past 5 years.
    07-19-12 12:41 AM
    join the dance ... but get ready for endless "I told you" "nonsense" "WTF" "are you serious ?" and other replies ... So "protector shield on" is advice #1
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...shares-666490/

BTW, the proper way to do this would be to create a "fans supportive fund" ... but it's far away from my competencies ... maybe one CB very well advised member or editorialist may handle this ? Chris, is that 100% stupid idea ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-19-12 at 03:52 AM.
    07-19-12 03:49 AM
    If RIM is at the point where they need to rely on a confidence boost from a bunch of people buying a tiny portion of their shares in order to go on, then they're already goners.

They don't need a "confidence booster". The company's future hinges on a successful BB10 launch. If they fail, then RIM is probably finished. That should be enough motivation for everyone in the company.
    07-19-12 04:14 AM
    Well for one thing if there was a buy going on 160 million shares then the stock price would rise sharply while the buying is going on.
    I would start shorting the shares all the way down to $5 and make a pretty penny for myself
    So if you guys are planning to do that give me a heads up. I love BBs but I wouldn't shy away from making a profit from users who want to part with their money for their love for RIM.
    07-19-12 05:41 AM
    Why I should we wait and let things get worse before we tried to jump in and help with a strong concerted effort? It would be a psychological boost as well as a financial.

There's a sucker born every minute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-CFOT
    07-19-12 08:51 AM
    A good intention but with very poor execution. Doing this will NOT help RIM in any way, but will just give RIM a false impression that they're doing fine when they might not be.

Consumers buy devices that they think are good and suitable for their usage, and not for the love of the manufacturer.
    jfmtl87 likes this.
    07-19-12 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD