07-25-14 05:37 PM
    +1 nice one
    07-25-14 05:43 PM
    LOL at these fake "contests."

In this example, you have to pay $300 to submit your product for voting, and then anyone can vote for items off of the paid-for list (but nothing else). I'm pretty sure none of BB's real competition was even entered in the contest.

It's like the last one, where "the people" (237 of them!) voted BB the #1 product.

My issue here isn't with BB, it's with the obviously fake contests/awards that these companies award simply as a way to get revenue (from fees for items submitted for the award).
    Bbnivende, Witmen and JeepBB like this.
    07-25-14 06:50 PM
    Z30 is the best!

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-25-14 07:00 PM

In this example, you have to pay $300 to submit your product for voting, and then anyone can vote for items off of the paid-for list (but nothing else). I'm pretty sure none of BB's real competition was even entered in the contest.

It's like the last one, where "the people" (237 of them!) voted BB the #1 product.

My issue here isn't with BB, it's with the obviously fake contests/awards that these companies award simply as a way to get revenue (from fees for items submitted for the award).
    So are any awards in most industry. Ad agency, Hollywood and the rest of the entertainment industries. It's a form of self promotion. You want real legit competition maybe the hot dog eating contest.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 07:31 PM
    The Z30 is the best device out there, I said this before, too bad sales numbers don't reflect it, BlackBerry needed to push it more through the carriers.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn and lift like this.
    07-25-14 07:35 PM
    The Z30 is the best device out there, I said this before, too bad sales numbers don't reflect it, BlackBerry needed to push it more through the carriers.

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Sure, for you, but not for everyone.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    07-25-14 07:40 PM
    LOL. Sure, for you, but not for everyone.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    Lol ditto

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 07:40 PM
    I am sure BlackBerry will take any award they can!
    07-27-14 06:47 PM
    I am a lucky one who owns a Z30.

From my ? phone
    07-28-14 07:47 PM

Was waiting for the realist pessimist post. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    07-29-14 09:46 AM

Like a lottery, you don't win unless you play. Plenty of so called fake "contests" out there. I guess no Android devices decided to enter? Or maybe they did and they lost to the Z30?

Hey everyone, no need to raise BlackBerry's reputation with visibility or proactive marketing!

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    07-29-14 12:11 PM
    Z30 is bestest.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 12:39 PM
    Troy......the z30 is the best. Doesn't need a gold medal to prove it.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn and jafrul like this.
    07-29-14 05:07 PM
    Troy, why do you have to be so darn reasonable all the time? Can't you just let em have fun?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 07:15 PM
    Q10 walks all over the 30. What a joke that contest was.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 07:29 PM
    Yeah, I know, and again, it wasn't really anything negative towards BB or the Z30 - I wouldn't take ANY of the awards for any of the products in the contest seriously.

It would be like me holding a "national contest" for something random (yellowest banana squash?) and then awarding the single entry I received as "nations yellowest banana squash!"

The Z30 has held up pretty well as a phone against real competition in more realistic contests (it's the ecosystem, not the phone, that is its major issue), at least once making it in the Top 5, and IMO that's much more impressive and noteworthy than these sham "buy your way in" contests.
    07-30-14 08:46 AM
    Yeah, I know, and again, it wasn't really anything negative towards BB or the Z30 - I wouldn't take ANY of the awards for any of the products in the contest seriously.

It would be like me holding a "national contest" for something random (yellowest banana squash?) and then awarding the single entry I received as "nations yellowest banana squash!"

The Z30 has held up pretty well as a phone against real competition in more realistic contests (it's the ecosystem, not the phone, that is its major issue), at least once making it in the Top 5, and IMO that's much more impressive and noteworthy than these sham "buy your way in" contests.
    I think the point is none of us here are saying BlackBerry should go advertise this. Not even BlackBerry is besting their chest at this. It's just a little fun mate (:

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 10:56 AM