Posted via CB10
    Last edited by drudgep; 07-31-15 at 04:12 PM. Reason: want to delete
    07-31-15 12:28 PM
    I don't care about "blackberry security" only because I don't know anything about it as opposed to many people on here who unknowingly boast about having security and it's a reason they made the smart choice with bb10.

I'm from New England, you know how everyone else has seemed to completely move on from deflategate? When someone from the outside hears about deflategate they say "oh my god shut the **** up you guys up in New England are the only people that care about this". That's literally the way I feel about some people on here when they say "I care about my privacy". Listen, get off the high horse and know that if your phone isn't on pure air plane mode since the moment you turned on your phone.. Your vulnerable
    07-31-15 06:03 PM
    I don't care about "blackberry security" only because I don't know anything about it as opposed to many people on here who unknowingly boast about having security and it's a reason they made the smart choice with bb10.

I'm from New England, you know how everyone else has seemed to completely move on from deflategate? When someone from the outside hears about deflategate they say "oh my god shut the **** up you guys up in New England are the only people that care about this". That's literally the way I feel about some people on here when they say "I care about my privacy". Listen, get off the high horse and know that if your phone isn't on pure air plane mode since the moment you turned on your phone.. Your vulnerable
    Free Brady
    07-31-15 06:35 PM
    Free Brady
    Fire goodell, Kensils a ****
    07-31-15 08:06 PM
    Well said OP
    08-01-15 07:22 AM
    I don't care about "blackberry security" only because I don't know anything about it
    Well you know that Obama and Clinton use BlackBerrys and not iPhones like McCain and Trump. Just their preference?

BB, Still the One
    08-01-15 08:07 AM

I'm am more secure. Ahahhahahhahahhahahahhhahhhahahaaaa

Posted on my Z30.......while on the can
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    08-01-15 08:24 AM
    National Security, OpSec, or personal privacy OP? 'Security' is a bit vague.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-01-15 08:25 AM
    Well you know that Obama and Clinton use BlackBerrys and not iPhones like McCain and Trump. Just their preference?

BB, Still the One
    Obama and Clinton use special Blackberries that none of us can purchase.
    08-01-15 09:57 AM
    Obama and Clinton use special Blackberries that none of us can purchase.
    Yes, but note they don't use special iPhones that none of us can purchase

BB, Still the One
    TgeekB, John Villareal and raino like this.
    08-01-15 09:59 AM

BB, Still the One
    That is true! LOL.
    John Villareal and TCB on Z10 like this.
    08-01-15 10:01 AM
    I'm not going to lie, I care about security. I have my family phone numbers on my phone. On occasion there's family photos , business information (because this is my personal and business device), scanned document with personal information, addresses, etc.

And it would be foolish to think that info people send me can be secured fast enough before it can be compromised.
    The scary part is that any individual's first and last name, is all that you need to search and "friend" someone on social media. Throw in a picture and a young family member not knowing the risk associated with social networking can be compromised.

So it's not all about the individual who has the device, but also those they interact with.

That's part of the reason letting the manufacturers know that the consumers privacy matters, even if it's an ever growing component of their profit structure.

Because without the concern for public recourse and legal ramification associated with the misuse of data, given an inch, different people for different reasons, will take a mile.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 12:10 PM
    The general consumer no longer is concerned about security. We live in a world where one posts their daily lives in real time. Very few care about whether they are compromised. However in the corporate world security is still of paramount importance and many still use BlackBerry as their go to device to deliver

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 06:37 PM
    The general consumer no longer is concerned about security. We live in a world where one posts their daily lives in real time. Very few care about whether they are compromised. However in the corporate world security is still of paramount importance and many still use BlackBerry as their go to device to deliver

Posted via CB10
    Interestingly though, there are a huge number of people complaining about the latest Windows 10 security/privacy issues. It's as if on a PC they are concerned, but mobile security is irrelevant.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 02:26 AM
    Security? Pffffft

That's what the average consumer would say
    08-02-15 03:30 AM
    One of our paper salesmen was using his company issued BB Curve up until the beginning of the year. He told me that the company was dropping BB and going to the iphone.
    Last week I asked him how he liked his iphone. He said it was okay but missed his Curve. He thought the change didn't make sense since the company went BB because of the high security provided. This year they decided to drop the security, it wasn't a concern anymore, and go with iphones. He thought that someone came in and offered some deal for the company to
    switch phones.
    I guess when money talks security walks.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    08-02-15 05:35 AM
    Given this line of thinking, you would think that everyone would have bars over their windows as all of our belongings, not to mention our families can be accessed by anyone who can break in. Yet most of us are content with ordinary windows and a front door which, if you have ever cut into one is usually filled with styrofoam.

It turns out that symbolic security is enough. My home is locked which means you shouldn't break in or else. Similarly, my smartphones is locked so you shoudn't go snooping through it or else. If you are determined criminal or a hacker going after me as an individual then I'm in trouble.
    08-02-15 07:15 AM
    You need BES otherwise your device is no more secure than anybody else's. It's what you download on your device that leaves you wide open
    08-02-15 09:28 AM
    People has not security/privacy notion until someone hacks their bank account and steals all their money.

Then, and only, then, people starts crying like pigs about security.

Sadly, this is the world where we live

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 09:33 AM
    Given this line of thinking, you would think that everyone would have bars over their windows as all of our belongings, not to mention our families can be accessed by anyone who can break in. Yet most of us are content with ordinary windows and a front door which, if you have ever cut into one is usually filled with styrofoam.

It turns out that symbolic security is enough. My home is locked which means you shouldn't break in or else. Similarly, my smartphones is locked so you shoudn't go snooping through it or else. If you are determined criminal or a hacker going after me as an individual then I'm in trouble.
    Interestingly, I am having a moat built around my house this week and am in the market for a dragon to keep watch for any riffraff. BTW, insurance on dragons is outrageous!
    03_CTD likes this.
    08-02-15 09:36 AM
    Interestingly, I am having a moat built around my house this week and am in the market for a dragon to keep watch for any riffraff. BTW, insurance on dragons is outrageous!
    Lmao.

Is that liability only or full coverage due to dragon payments?

To think, I'm currently furious with my motorcycle insurance. Good thing I'm not in the market for a dragon I guess....

Funniest post I've read in quite some time. Thanks for that!!
    08-02-15 09:20 PM
    LOL.

Folks here are so concerned about security, and how everyone else supposedly doesn't care.

Don't worry about folks on other platforms. The cool thing about threats is that they speak for themselves. If it is truly hazardous to use specific platforms, the breakdowns will cause mass migrations.

RH1Pearl and mornhavon like this.
    08-02-15 09:34 PM
    Well he tried. But he got a text message that crashed the iPhone. Rendered it inoperable. Then he tried an Android phone...you know, with KNOX and all. Got a text message on that, which again crashed his phone. He then said 'to hell with it,' and went back to BlackBerry.
    Madhuchandran and TgeekB like this.
    08-02-15 09:46 PM
    You need BES otherwise your device is no more secure than anybody else's. It's what you download on your device that leaves you wide open
    This is an interesting comment to me. What kind of downloads to the device are you referring to?

While I agree with your post call me naive but, have their been any instances of downloads of any kind compromising bb10 devices of non bes users?

I ask this admitting I'm not well educated on the subject but, simply because your post got me to thinking.

It seems to me bb10 (although I think iOS fairs well in this area too?) is less susceptible to device problems from poor download choices than your average android or Windows pc.
    08-02-15 09:48 PM
    I don't think that security is in the forefront of the average consumers mind. When a phone breach hits consumers in the wallet then they will pay attention.

If stage freight hasn't shook consumers off of android I don't know what will. Googles android update system is so broken they will never be able to patch all the phones effected and get all the manufacturers and carriers to get the update out.

Posted via CB10
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    08-02-15 10:22 PM
32 12