Hi folks,

Don't have a Blackberry yet but looking at the Torch from AT&T. I searched some of these questions online and only found some older threads and wasn't able to find the answers I am looking for. So here I am...

I use a Yahoo email and also have a work email which is hosted by Godaddy. The work email is not MS Exchange. It is just a private domain using IMAP.

1. Can Blackberry do 2-way sync with Yahoo and Godaddy? If I delete something on the phone, would it get updated on the server? What about deleting something from the PC, would it automatically get updated on the phone?

2. Are there any problems or limitations viewing HTML emails on the Blackberry? Does it bring up the browser properly if I click on a link in the email?

Thanks.
    03-10-11 02:13 PM
    I don't use GoDaddy but if its IMAP it shouldn't be an issue and run just like gmail does

Yes yahoo updates and deletes but the deleting from your box will not update to your phone until a few hours later. Deleting from your phone deletes to the box instantly and that would go with any emails at this point.

I view html emails all the time, you just have to load the images or get a program like show me the images and safelist the email addresses you trust and it will autoload all images so you don't have to keep hitting load images. Yes when clicking links it will auto bring up the browser and connect.
    BBMINI likes this.
    03-10-11 03:58 PM
    I second everything in the previous post Not sure about godaddy, but yahoo works great on my torch. I also have show me the images, so all html emails load properly. I love that app. Also love my torch.
    03-11-11 12:09 AM
    I view html emails all the time, you just have to load the images or get a program like show me the images and safelist the email addresses you trust and it will autoload all images so you don't have to keep hitting load images.
    Thanks for this info. I was just searching the forums for "HTML Email Viewing" and came across this thread. I had never previously realized that the "Get Images" menu item would download the images and allow viewing of the full email in HTML format. Makes a big difference for me since I receive a lot of those emails for work. It's great to be able to view HTML even if I have to hit the Get Images option on each one.

As for safelisting the senders' email addresses, is that part of the Show Me The Images app or is it something that can be done in my BB's native settings somehow?

Thx again.
    09-07-11 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD