-

Hey,

I'v been syncing my contacts from my phone and windows contacts just fine up until like 3 minutes ago. when the box comes up that said "add 88 contacts" i click accept and i get this message "connector specific error" and the sync'ing stops
    the title of the error box is called "intellisync"

i hit the "reset configuration" button at first(BEFORE i got the intellisync error) because i was getting pictures added to contacts that i didnt add and i though that would help. i dont think it did and im sure thats what causing the error but i dont know how to reverse it

It lets me get to 69 of the 88 contacts before it gives me that connector error BUT when i check my phone i have 83 contacts(that could be cause i JUST did a google sync thinking it would fix the problem) im running v4.7 and i just updated to that a few minutes ago too cause i thought maybe it was something wrong with the v4.6 I have seen post on the net and stuff about this but the language is waay to out there..i dont want to go around fiddling with my phone and breaking something...please help
    11-23-08 02:43 PM
    11-23-08 03:08 PM
    hey i found that site first and it was confusing
    11-23-08 03:16 PM
    Did that solve your issue?
    11-23-08 03:21 PM
    Double-click Synchronize.
    Click the Configuration tab, then click Configure synch

when they give this direction im stuck because my configuration tab isnt "clickable" so i dont get a configure sync option
    11-23-08 03:23 PM
    Plug in your phone.
    11-23-08 03:26 PM
    Disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone from the computer.
    If BlackBerry Desktop Manager is open, close it.
    Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
    In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Intellisync.
    Click Configure PIM.
    Clear all the check boxes except for the check box beside the organizer application that is causing the error, and then click OK.
    In the Intellisync window, click Synchronize Now. The PTTrace.log and tif.log synchronization log files are created.

the red part is where im confused. When i open my DM there is no Intellisync to click. BDM does just mean my desktop application itself right? i\
    Last edited by [email protected]; 11-23-08 at 03:58 PM.
    11-23-08 03:46 PM
    i fixed it!
    11-24-08 03:45 PM
    how did you fix it??? im having that problem with my bold, and went through the same issue
    12-06-08 08:28 PM
    Disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone from the computer.
    If BlackBerry Desktop Manager is open, close it.
    Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
    In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click Intellisync.
    Click Configure PIM.
    Clear all the check boxes except for the check box beside the organizer application that is causing the error, and then click OK.
    In the Intellisync window, click Synchronize Now. The PTTrace.log and tif.log synchronization log files are created.

the red part is where im confused. When i open my DM there is no Intellisync to click. BDM does just mean my desktop application itself right? i\
    You have to go into the Synchronisation Options and remove all the itmes that are working so you only have to run the faulty item when you click Sync on the main menu. This generates a new log entry. I have got further than this yet!

Good luck and let me know
    02-26-09 03:04 AM
    I didn't get further withte log file, but in my case it was breaking down in the Tasks section. When I deleted the completed tasks on the Bold it then went through ok. Not areal solution but maybe of some value
    02-26-09 03:26 AM
    I have been trying to sync my blackberry and I can get it to work....I have tried an over 30 forums and nothing seems to work. Is there any way to get my contacts in my phone with out using the software. I tried emailing contact cards to the phone and they don't work.
    09-24-09 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD