I'm currently attending a university that has a WPA2 Enterprise security for the WiFi network. I have a BlackBerry 9360 and have not had any problems connecting to home wireless networks. However, after inputting the correct settings and password into the phone, I'm still unable to connect. I've taken it by the ITS department where they spent an hour looking at it and passed it off to three different people. Eventually I had a meeting with the school's resident expert on BlackBerrys and he was also unable to figure it out (he has a slightly older model but all of the input settings matched mine and he was able to connect just fine). Also, the CA certificate is downloaded on my phone. Whenever we try to connect, most of the time a message that says "Failed to authenticate against network," and sometimes it will say "failed to associate with network" appears. I don't really know what else to try because I feel like we have collectively exhausted all options. If anyone has suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!
    01-20-12 04:05 PM
    I am having the exact same problem!
    01-21-12 06:16 PM
    I had a similar issue with an old unbranded 8320, but on my home network using WPA2. It was that specific issue that led me here to CB.
    I could see the network, select it and input the pw, but then I would get the exact same messages you mentioned above. I believe it was a defect in the hardware because my other WiFI BBs had no trouble at all.

When you connect on home networks did you use WPA2 personal? Even though it's not enterprise, that may rule out a WPA issue. All that's left is a certificate not being recognized by the radius server at your university or the 9360 is not compatible and/or problematic hardware.
    01-26-12 08:39 PM
    Options - Security - Advanced Security - Certificates, then click trackpad and you will see all that you have. Click Menu and you get the option to import one from the media card.

Obtaining a copy to put on your media card will have to come from a download or and email attachment from the IT dept, or so I imagine.
    01-27-12 04:41 PM
    I have already imported the proper security certificate designed for blackberry smartphones but it still wouldn't connect. My 9700 used to work with the same certificate and network.
    01-28-12 03:24 AM
    I have already imported the proper security certificate designed for blackberry smartphones but it still wouldn't connect. My 9700 used to work with the same certificate and network.
    I understand, TheMe was someone who asked about where/how for the security certificate .

I'm not sure if you have seen this page. It is specifically for the curve. It also mentions a CA certificate and a Client certificate. Perhaps it will help.

Options for saved Wi-Fi networks - BlackBerry Curve 9350/9360/9370 Smartphones - User Guide - BlackBerry Curve Series - 7.0
    01-28-12 08:12 PM
    I have a similar issue because my university uses the same type of network, and specially needs the Comodo UTN USERFirst Hardware certificate. Is there any where I can find this certificate, and then download it to my blackberry? The issue the university tech people were having when trying to do this, was that certificates cannot be synced in the newest version of desktop manager. Is there anyway around this?
    02-03-12 01:17 PM
    I have a similar issue because my university uses the same type of network, and specially needs the Comodo UTN USERFirst Hardware certificate. Is there any where I can find this certificate, and then download it to my blackberry? The issue the university tech people were having when trying to do this, was that certificates cannot be synced in the newest version of desktop manager. Is there anyway around this?
    Other than installing an older desktop manager so that you can sync it, I believe it can be e-mailed to you from the IT Dept. Then you would be able to import it.

In the event you didn't see this link, maybe it will help?

https://spamcentral.electricmail.com...ent=blackberry

Security Technical Overview
    Last edited by imacj; 02-04-12 at 07:57 PM.
    02-04-12 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD