I was wondering if someone could help me to connect to wifi while out of country.
    The first night I was here, it worked for a little while and it cut out and has been not working ever since.

Sometimes I can browse the internet but, I can not use BBM (whichi s what I need it for) at all.

Is there a way I can fix this? Or is blackberry messenger not supposed to work out of country.

Any input will help
    07-20-10 01:03 PM
    How I access Wi-Fi doesn't change whether inside or outside my home country.

1) Set up a profile for the Wi-Fi access point. Go into Wi-Fi Connections and click Menu->New, scan for networks, and select the hotel/cafe/etc access point. Save the connection as a profile.

2) Even if it's an open access point, hotels etc often want you to login on the access point. Open your browser, click Menu->Bookmarks, and choose Wi-Fi Hotspot Login. You will either be connected directly to the hotspot or shown a login / terms&conditions screen. I have to do this a few times a day to stay connected to my workplace's guest network.

Your carrier might screen international IPs from access to BIS. If that's the case, you'll be limited to browsing with the built-in Wi-Fi/Hotspot browser.
    07-20-10 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD