I have a wireless network at my home, but it is password protected. Whenever I try to set it up on my Bold, it gives some randomly generated number that I need to "punch in" to my router.
    What the heck does this mean?

Can someone help me set up my Bold to be able to connect to my home internet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 02:59 PM
    You should be able to access your router and punch in that code. By default, if you enter 192.168.1.1 in your browser, you can access the router settings.

12-11-10 05:15 PM
    If you need further help with this, search this forum, there was a thread back 2 or 3 months or so ago that dealt with this very topic. I don't remember exactly how it was solved because my device didn't ask for me to do that.
    12-11-10 05:28 PM
    What type of security configuration does your router have. I think the WPA and WPA2 are listed on the BB as PSK pre shared key. You should be able to enter the router password into the BB and have a connection. I had the same issue trying to set up my BB to connect to my home wireless router. When you setup the router it should have generated a passcode that you need to enter to get a connection.

12-11-10 05:38 PM
    When setting up your connection you can choose "Other Ways to Connect". Then you can choose to manually enter your password or using the WPS button on your router instead of entering the PIN.
    12-12-10 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD