Hi,

I'm mega frustrated by this.

I can successfully pair my 9700 to my Dell XPS 1340 Vista 32 bit machine in so far as they see each other and connect to one another but then when the message "Windows need to install driver software for your Bluetooth Peripheral Device" and offers three options 1. Locate and Install Driver (recommended) 2. Ask me again later and 3. Don't show this message again for this device (Your device will not function until you install driver software)

I've tried all three and none of them are working with the result that the connection disconnects and can't be re-established without deleting the pairing altogether on both the 9700 and Laptop and going through the process again with the same result!!!

Can anyone help here? For Option 1 I tried installing the software CD that came with the 9700 (as it recommends) and also looking online but to no avail.

This is cracking me up.

Can anyone help?

Ben
    01-07-10 09:49 AM
    I have Vista and I tether via Bluetooth. It too me a while to figure it out but I finally did it. Let me start by asking do you have your 9700 OS installed on your computer?

edit: I just saw that you have a 9500 Storm, You might want to try the appropriate forum.
    01-07-10 10:42 AM
    Hi, apologies for not updating my signature, will do so asap. I sure WAS on a sh*tty Storm but thankfully switched to the 9700 a few weeks ago.

Don't have the 9700 OS on my laptop as I'm still using the out of the box OS which is .321.

Should I download it to my Laptop?

Ben

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 01:03 PM
    Hi, apologies for not updating my signature, will do so asap. I sure WAS on a sh*tty Storm but thankfully switched to the 9700 a few weeks ago.

Don't have the 9700 OS on my laptop as I'm still using the out of the box OS which is .321.

Should I download it to my Laptop?

Ben

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes download and install your devices OS to your laptop, it has the modem drivers needed to tether. I would also suggest you install Desktop Manager.
    01-07-10 01:19 PM
    Hi JD914,

Thanks for your help.

I've downloaded V .321 of the OS. Can you tell me what the process is when the bluetooth installation goes looking for files from the OS? Do I have to point it at a specific file or just the OS folder?

Regards,

Ben
    01-17-10 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD