Does anyone have any experience with connecting a Blackberry (8130 preferably) to a Sony MEXBT2600 car stereo?

I am specifically interested in whether or not I can connect the BB via A2DP to the stereo and stream music from the media player. If my understanding of BT is correct, I should be able to do this - but I am hoping someone can provide some real world confirmation.

Thanks!

GG
    12-09-08 03:48 PM
    I am using the BB curve (8310?) and a Mex BT2600. The devices pair fine. The radio recognizes the BB as a phone and an audio device and everything appears to work as it should. The problem occurs in subsequent connections when the radio seems to forget that this device is an audio device and thus doesn't extend the audio services (only phone services)

After explaining the problem to sony tech support (over and over again - but that's another story), they suggested turning encryption off on the BB BT properties for the radio. I'll try this later on to see if this works.

Later that same day....

Nope - that doesn't fix it!

Next day ....

Back on the phone with Sony (day 2)

Sony has given up and will advise engineering of the problem. In the mean time I googled "Blackberry and BT2600" and located others with the same problem. One of them reported that he could make subsequent connections of the audio blackberry with the BT2600 by switching to 'source' to 'BT-Audio' on the radio and then pressing a button on the radio face plate (didn't say what button but there aren't that many so I'll give it a try and see what happens.)
    Last edited by kenwiens; 02-12-09 at 05:51 PM.
    02-11-09 12:18 PM
    I have the same issue with a 8330, bt2600 and say pandora. Also the mic on this stereo is garbage when travelling at speed. Any one else noticed ?
    06-07-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD