I did a search and from what I have gathered there is a bug that won't allow the 8530 to connect to secure wifi. Just wondering if there has been any kind of update or if anyone knew when it will get fixed as I cannot get mine to connect to my network

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 04:46 AM
    my 8530 connects to my secured system at home no problems and even automatically. What OS are you using? Are you sure you have your wifi settings right on both ends?
    in my router I add my Bb mac to the list of approved macs and then set up the ssid info in the Bb after searching and connecting to the network.
    Not sure of any OS out ATM with a wifi bug.
    08-27-10 07:53 AM
    Andrew, are you trying to connect to a UVerse router by any chance? If so, see my post in the WiFi sub-forum here. Even if you don't have UVerse, the WiFi forum might have your answer.
    08-27-10 08:37 AM
    You could read the link in my signature too
    08-27-10 12:07 PM
    Thanks for all the info. What I have been trying to do is connect it and it tells me to key in a number to my router and I do not know how to do that. I am definitely not the smartest when working with networks

08-27-10 04:52 PM
    You need the security key for your router. Can you log into your routers administration page from your pc?

That's where you'll find/set it.

08-27-10 05:58 PM
    Yea I can do that I will have to try that tomorrow morning when I get off work. Thank you

08-27-10 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD