Hi, I have both data plan and tether enabled in my BB. i can use internet from device and connect to net on computer using Desktop Software and BB. but i wanted to know if it is possible to connect to internet from computer without using Desktop Software? it sometime happens that i am at my friends place and there the software is not installed in their PC and i need to connect to net. so is it possible? if so, can u please provide me with steps/instructions on how to do it?

(please note i need it under Windows environment, none of my friends use Mac)

Thanx in advance
    Waiting for reply.
    11-24-10 05:12 AM
    You can use an application called Tether or PDAnet. Tether is a faster connection. Both have 1week free trials. Both are used without the DM. Google it!
    Happy hunting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 06:13 AM
    I agree, you can use Tether which is what I use however, you do need to download the "Tether" software to the computer you are using so that your BB can connect to it. Good luck.
    11-24-10 06:36 AM
    Hi, I have both data plan and tether enabled in my BB. i can use internet from device and connect to net on computer using Desktop Software and BB. but i wanted to know if it is possible to connect to internet from computer without using Desktop Software? it sometime happens that i am at my friends place and there the software is not installed in their PC and i need to connect to net. so is it possible? if so, can u please provide me with steps/instructions on how to do it?

(please note i need it under Windows environment, none of my friends use Mac)

Thanx in advance
    Waiting for reply.

unfortunately not.... the software is needed.

What you can do (what i do for some install files) is keep a folder on your memory card with your needed install files. I know youre going to have the cable with you because you want to tether.

Once you plug it in, enable Mass Storage, open windows explorer and install the software.

Its pretty much the easiest thing to do, as you can not download it on your friends computer.

hope this helps.
    11-24-10 06:37 AM
    Thanx for all your replies. i already tried Tether it requires software on PC side also so it wont help my purpose. But keeping the install file on memory card is a nice idea...will try it. but i really hoped we could use BB as modem without any software installed on PC.
    11-24-10 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD