Take a look at this link below and tell me if you beleive anything is wrong....

Phones - Virgin Mobile Canada

Three different curve models all priced the same...?

Im of the opinion the curve brand should be abolished completely, and be replaced by the previous year's Bold.

Instead of pushing the 9320 and 9360 as budget blackberries, why not push the 9780...which is indisputably a better device.

Why was money being spent on R&D and marketing for substandard curve products with very minor changes when the previous bold model would be the preferred choice for any reasonable consumer? A complete waste which is also confusing for the general consumer.

Apple still sells the iphone 4 and 3gs at lower prices, why doesnt RIM do the same with its flagship device?

With the coming of BB10, I hope to never see a new, refreshed curve in RIM's lineup.
    07-27-12 03:36 PM
    ..No. I will agree, the pricing should be different for the lower end Curve models, but why abolish the entire Curve line? It is very successful and widely popular. And the Bold 9780 is NOT better than the new Curves. The older Bolds are...well...old. Who would want an outdated chipset, less RAM, a previous generation OS, and a much clunkier phone? No consumer would want that. And yes, this includes the 9780. It was top of the line back in the day, but the new Curve models can do more, and will get it done faster. RIM has a very good selection of phones: The Bold line targeted for everyday and business users. Torch line for more of a media dedicated phone (could be classified as the "flagship" models as well since they have the same specs as the Bold 99xx basically). Then there is the Curve line for the youth and socially minded people. What is wrong with a selection?
    07-27-12 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD