Not sure where to put this, but I own a BlackBerry Curve 8530 right now.

I want to upgrade to a Blackberry Bold 9780, let me get this straight though.

Do you trade in the phone, get your money and that's it? Or do you also receive the phone you selected to trade?
    07-09-11 02:54 PM
    What carrier are you on, and what carrier do you plan to use the 9780 on?
    07-09-11 02:59 PM
    I'm in Canada, using Koodo Mobile, parent company is Telus.
    It's compatible with the network provided I get it unlocked.
    07-09-11 03:02 PM
    I'm in Canada, using Koodo Mobile, parent company is Telus.
    It's compatible with the network provided I get it unlocked.
    right.....are you doing the Blackberry Trade-Up or getting an upgrade through Telus/Koodo

For the latter, you shouldnt have to turn in your phone in....you paid for it already
    07-09-11 03:06 PM
    right.....are you doing the Blackberry Trade-Up or getting an upgrade through Telus/Koodo

For the latter, you shouldnt have to turn in your phone in....you paid for it already
    What my main question was that I didn't state properly was do you need a new blackberry before you do the trade up? Or do they give you one if you purchase the remaining amount?

As of now, Koodo doesn't offer anything past the Curve 3G on their network. But, if you do get a new bold/torch/whatever unlocked it will in fact work with their data plan. Telus has the bold 9780 though.
    07-09-11 03:11 PM
    Yes, you will need a new Blackberry before you trade-up, as you will need the IMEI from the new phone.

tradeup dot blackberry dot com

The FAQ should be able to answer your questions.

Timeline:

Purchase a new BB phone - go to the Trade-Up site and fill in the appropriate information - you will get emailed a .pdf with shipping labels and whatnot - ship your phone (for free [at least for US trade up program]) with the Proof of Purchase and whatever else - wait a month or so - get a check from BB for whatever amount you were promised/was deemed appropriate after inspection of your phone.
    Last edited by OverShadow417; 07-09-11 at 03:34 PM.
    07-09-11 03:30 PM
    Yes, you will need a new Blackberry before you trade-up, as you will need the IMEI from the new phone.

tradeup dot blackberry dot com

The FAQ should be able to answer your questions.
    Okay then forget this thread :P

I'll just find someone selling a Bold 9780/9700 and unlock it, thanks guys.
    07-09-11 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD