I have a Curve and was quite happily playing with various emails on the same device all set up very easily when a new client's IT guy took my BB and added in their address for me to use which should have been inaddition to my other three addresses but instead it disabled them all. He claims he doesn't "understand" what happened and can't reverse it. Anyone know what he did. As he is a client I can't get to pushy but now I am stuck. Help anyone
    Bootneck
    06-06-08 07:03 AM
    hmmm have you ever backed up the phone useing Desktop Manager... if so you can always restore to your last back-up and this should correct that issue... Im sorry im not much more help but I dont know off the top of my head what else can be done as ive never had this happen...

Welcome to Crackberry!
    06-06-08 07:12 AM
    Re-register the Host Routing Tables, Options > Advanced Options > HRT > menu key > Register Now. Then do a battery pull with the device on.
    06-06-08 07:16 AM
    Sounds to me like the id10t IT guy added your BB to their BES system, because he doesn't know any other way to add email support for his users.

That's the only explanation I can see because it sounds like the new email added for you was one that would give you an account on this new client's email server. Rather then utilizing BIS to add that email (really, they should have just given you the email info and let you do it like you have with all the others), they added your BB to their BES system and locked it down via IT Policy. That IT guy is a dumba**.
    06-06-08 09:57 AM
    THAT sounds about right to me...

Nice...

Does a wipe and a new OS install restore it and ditch the IT policies?
    06-06-08 10:05 AM
    Uh, I don't know why you guys think he got added to a BES. All the IT guy was doing was putting in their contact e-mail address for him to use.

Try going into your address book, hitting the menu button, and going to filter. Are any of those boxes checked?\

EDIT: Also try going into the options menu on the Address Book screen, how many contacts does it say you have?
    06-06-08 10:08 AM
    Myself, I figured most people would have more than 3 email contacts "to use"... And he was talking about setting up emails... So, tha isn't really emails you send to, that's sounding like email accounts to get push mails fron.

Sooo... When the guy said an "address to use", I felt it sounds like he gave him an email account to use on his domain right?

Maybe not....
    06-06-08 10:23 AM
    No you can not ditch the IT policys they are pushed out through the BES you have to get off the BES and then rremove the IT policy. I am looking into the other issue give me a minute.
    06-06-08 10:26 AM
    Myself, I figured most people would have more than 3 email contacts "to use"... And he was talking about setting up emails... So, tha isn't really emails you send to, that's sounding like email accounts to get push mails fron.

Sooo... When the guy said an "address to use", I felt it sounds like he gave him an email account to use on his domain right?

Maybe not....
    Ohhh, yeah that makes sense. I thought he meant "email to use" as in an e-mail to contact them with.

I also thought this because he said a CLIENT's IT guy set it up. I don't know why one of his clients would be adding him to their BES, hehe.

Maybe he can clarify for us.
    06-06-08 10:27 AM
    Did he activate an email account for you to use or just add their contact information?
    06-06-08 10:30 AM
    So you have an email through that client correct? You are not recieveing any email that you once had correct? your trying to fix that problem right?
    06-06-08 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD