Hi, Im currently a bit confused as to if Google SYnc is still needed on my Blackberry Bold 9700.

Recently I got that BIS update which included syncing of your contacts and also better gmail integration (the update where unread/read status and these things finalt were synced between gmail and BB).

Now before that update I used to have Google sync app installed to sync my contacts and calendar between BB and Gmail online.

Now I still have google sync app on my BB but turned it off currently as I thought it cannot be good to have 2 apps syncing the sam data. But since turning off the google sync app, my calendar data doesnt get synced anymore.

What I wanna know is: What is your guys setup on your BB? What is the ebst way to do this? Should I just turn off contact sync on my gmail acconut, then go back to google sync app and have it handle both contact and calendar data?

Or should I not?
    Thanks for any help to this.
    06-17-10 01:37 AM
    Turn off BIS sync and use Google Sync. That's what I do since it's proven to work. BIS sync is flaky at best.
    06-17-10 01:46 AM
    Didn't know the BIS contact sync was out. How can I tell if mine is setup?
    I removed Google Sync. I kept getting duplicate calendar and contact entries when it would sync.
    Any suggestions on how to fix that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 05:57 AM
    You can turn on the contact sync (no calendar sync) by going to Email Setup on your Blackberry. Highlight the gmail address, click the menu button and edit it. Under "Sync ptions" youll find the "sync contacts" check mark.

Having said that I also had the duplicate contacts issue using google sync. But after deleting all the duplicates one time (I had about 3 contacts that were showing up about 10 times). So after the deleting them the duplicates never turned up again. Seemed to have been an "initial sync problem".
    06-17-10 06:00 AM
    You can turn on the contact sync (no calendar sync) by going to Email Setup on your Blackberry. Highlight the gmail address, click the menu button and edit it. Under "Sync ptions" youll find the "sync contacts" check mark.

Having said that I also had the duplicate contacts issue using google sync. But after deleting all the duplicates one time (I had about 3 contacts that were showing up about 10 times). So after the deleting them the duplicates never turned up again. Seemed to have been an "initial sync problem".
    Thanks for the tip. I like the way they revamped the BlackBerry Email site. It feels more like an application. It's easier to navigate and edit. I also see a feature to setup Filters for incoming Emails to your BlackBerry. Send Servicebooks is easier to find now using the menu key. They always had it under Help. Who have thought to look there? Glad they changed it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD