When buying a new phone from a non retailer, does the warranty transfer?

thks

Could not find answer with search
    06-29-15 04:15 PM
    If it's new and unopened it should transfer. If it's used you are out of luck.
    06-29-15 05:28 PM
    No. If it is not from BlackBerry or an approved reseller, then there is no warranty.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 05:30 PM
    If it's new and unopened it should transfer. If it's used you are out of luck.
    In most cases this isn't true. Even if it's unopened, without the receipt from an authorized seller (and registering the device within a limited time frame), manufacturer warranties aren't valid. As well, any retailer warranty is guaranteed to be nullified since retailer warranties only apply to the original purchaser.

Penned via Tapatalk
    06-29-15 06:00 PM
    In most cases this isn't true. Even if it's unopened, without the receipt from an authorized seller (and registering the device within a limited time frame), manufacturer warranties aren't valid. As well, any retailer warranty is guaranteed to be nullified since retailer warranties only apply to the original purchaser.

Penned via Tapatalk
    Oh my bad, I thought if it was new in an unopened box the warranty was transferred. Sucks that its not.
    06-29-15 06:54 PM
    I asked this of BB a while back before buying a used Z10... the warranty isn't transferable and only the original purchaser is covered. However, if you are buying a used one, I'd ask for proof of purchase as it may help in the event of warranty claim.
    06-29-15 08:15 PM
    These "chenanigans" won't fly in the EU, I'm sure. 2 years on everything, regardless of what the retailers or manufacturers want.

Haven't had any need to use BBRY warranty here in OZ... :-D

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    06-30-15 04:47 AM
    This is why Blackberry needs to update their warranty policy to be more in line with what their major competitors already have.

The device should be warranted and have nothing to do with who bought it as long as the device is not reported stolen.

This is why I will never buy a used Blackberry device unless the seller has the original receipt and even then if it was bought through a carrier your hosed because the carrier warranty is not transferable.

Blackberry has a terrible device warranty policy, period.
    06-30-15 08:20 AM
    I got mine in singapore,guy who sold it to me said just keep the receipt and it'll be honored.but i took back to the Philippines,i guess that means I have to send back if something happens.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 12:21 PM
    Phone warranties should be like car warranties. It can always be transferred. And take it a step further and be about to get it fixed in any country.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 12:33 PM