I have an 8320 Curve with Wi-Fi which I use with Hotspot@Home and absolutely love. My wife has an AT&T Tilt and I refuse to pay for the data plan when she is rarely going to use it for data. The Tilt also has Wi-Fi and when we're both at home, we can both attach to my Wi-Fi access point / Router with no problems at all.

Now, when we're away from home, I have an unlimited data plan with my blackberry (provided by employer). I'm wondering if it would be possible to configure my BB as an Internet Gateway which could be used by my wife with her Tilt.

I've gone through all my settings, but I only seem to be able to configure the BB as a Wi-Fi node which cannot perform any kind of packet forwarding. Anyway, I'm sure if this is possible, then one of you geniuses have figured it out.
    06-10-08 08:58 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

All of the Wifi code is contained in the *_WLAN.COD files. Sort of re-writing the files, there is no way to make a BlackBerry do anything but listen/send.

I was dissapointed that it would find Ad-Hoc networks, but not able to interact in any way.
    06-10-08 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD