All of the 9 BlackBerrys I bought were made in Mexico.

I understand that the Classic is the only North American bound BlackBerry made by Foxconn. Z3 for Asian market only.

BlackBerry doesn't use Ireland as a tax haven and only went to Foxconn when they ran into financial trouble competing against the Foxconn made competition. In this regard, I put them on a higher plain than the more popular manufacturers.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 02:14 PM
    Don't worry just saw that BB did not sell 900000 in first report. They will be working less hours as the numbers continue to fall.
    06-27-15 05:48 PM
    I am sorry to say this, but the average consumer could care less where a product is made or by who, it's all about the bottom line (cost) these days.

I still look for Made in USA labels to support my fellow workers here, but the majority of folks just don't give a **** as long as the price is right.
    I buy as much artisan-made or Made in USA/Germany/Japan/Canada/Etc (where you know the conditions are good, and sometimes that is in China) stuff as I can (though not frivolously, just when I need something). If there were a well-made, good QC smartphone made in the US or in a legitimately healthy factory, I'd pay extra or even double. (I would not accept BB's current QC or build quality at a higher price, however. They're making garbage, but I need BB10 and the PKB).

This just doesn't exist at the moment. I'm not sure there's a market, given how quickly the device industry moves. But I'd think there are like-minded folks around.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 06:37 PM
    Most people could either care less or don't know. I know a university prof who's an active environmentalist and she uses an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 07:11 PM
    Most people could either care less or don't know. I know a university prof who's an active environmentalist and she uses an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Those commie left wingers usually use Iphones.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 01:22 AM
    Please Please Please people: the proper phrase is "couldn't care less".
    06-28-15 04:04 AM
    I still look for Made in USA labels to support my fellow workers here, but the majority of folks just don't give a **** as long as the price is right.
    Before Americans embraced the Apple cult, BlackBerry 's main contractor was Jabil Circuits of Tampa Bay Florida. During the cutbacks, BlackBerry laid off most of its large US sales force. BlackBerry pays its taxes here, not Ireland. So sad, really.

BB, Still the One
    06-28-15 07:02 AM
    Please Please Please people: the proper phrase is "couldn't care less".
    "I could care less...but I'd have to try." That's the full phrase from back in the day.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 09:01 AM
    "I could care less...but I'd have to try." That's the full phrase from back in the day.

Posted via CB10
    Okay now I know why people say 'could care less' when they actually mean 'couldn't care less '. Thanks for the explanation.

Back to the subject, I agree that the majority of people don't care how things are made as long as they are as inexpensive as possible.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 12:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Now....now.... be nice..... lets be fair, said left wing usually gets shed at salary arbitration time.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 12:38 PM
    Okay now I know why people say 'could care less' when they actually mean 'couldn't care less '. Thanks for the explanation.

Back to the subject, I agree that the majority of people don't care how things are made as long as they are as inexpensive as possible.

Posted via CB10
    North America used to have a well educated and organised (meaning unionized) labour force that fought for and gained basic rights for all workers such as the minimum wage, health and safety laws, forty hour work week etc. So over the years the corporations using government lobbyists implemented free trade deals that gave these large corporations access to a large, low paid work force with no human rights laws or labour laws to get in the way of earning unlimited profits. They then lie to the public telling them that its their fault that they have to move production overseas due to consumers demands for low prices. That the greedy unions are responsible for keeping wages too high and their demands for a pension and benefits are too costly etc.
    A tale of Apple, the iPhone, and overseas manufacturing - CNET
    06-28-15 02:44 PM
    Well...they obviously don't produce as many phones as apple so the workload for BlackBerry can probably be done in a day or so. Lol. No need for them to be forced to work on a time limit like apple products.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 02:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm a commie left winger.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 02:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why are people getting so upset over careless typing?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 02:14 PM
    So, you'd agree that big auto and the banks that were bailed out on the backs of the American public should have been allowed to fail, yes?
    definitely I do, absolutely no argument here
    07-03-15 02:17 PM
65 123