Have anyone seen the new Flagship from Samsung ? The new Galaxy Oxegen sporting a full QWERTY keyboard underneath a Slider screen, with 5.7-inch screen with the resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels. Moreover, Samsung handset sports Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset, alongside 6GB RAM and 128GB/256GB ROM (expand to 256GB). Also, the flagship works on Android Oreo 8.0. With a 5,000mAh REMOVABLE battery. BB this was your field. Reminds me of my old Torch 2.

Last edited by Originalloverman; 07-10-18 at 09:27 PM.
    skinnymike1, j21jam6 and Mecca EL like this.
    07-10-18 09:17 PM
    Um, wow. When does this badboy come out?
    07-10-18 09:37 PM
    It's a concept device. And the concept is not from Samsung.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/201...video.html/amp
    Eugen Unson and skinnymike1 like this.
    07-10-18 10:04 PM
    The qwerty KB is on a secondary screen and are not made up of physical keys on this concept. If they were physical and this was real, it would be at the top of my list for next phone in the absence of a any type of Priv replacement.
    bettyjo214 and johnb_xp like this.
    07-11-18 07:19 PM
    That is an imaginary smart phone...
    cckgz4 and skinnymike1 like this.
    07-11-18 08:21 PM
    The phone still looks incredible even if it is a concept device.
    07-12-18 07:54 AM
    And I taught some of the BlackBerry Concept guys put a lot of time into their designs.....

Most of my family at on point had a Samsung horizontal slider dumb phone... if this had been out five or six years ago, they might have transitioned to this.
    07-12-18 08:05 AM
    07-13-18 10:39 AM
    Woah what is that thing lol!
    Qorax likes this.
    07-13-18 10:54 AM
    Woah what is that thing lol!
    At 599 USD, it is not a bad buy imo. Especially for PKB lovers.
    07-13-18 11:44 AM
    Great design. BlackBerry is fortunate that no other OEM makes a PKB device.
    07-19-18 09:01 PM
    I used to think that a horizontal slider would be a great idea. Then recently I stayed at an Ibis hotel who have started putting cheap Android phones in the rooms. They've done it so you can have free email, calls, messaging, use of a browser to find out what's happening in the area you're staying and maps etc. I had a go typing on the device both upright and horizontally and came to the conclusion that if anyone ever does make a horizontal slider then the phone can't be the same size that most phones are going these days because the typing experience is ridiculously uncomfortable on the thumbs having to stretch that distance. I found typing horizontally on the first iPhone was great but not on this. A horizontal slider with a keyboard the same size as the Passport's? That could work.

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    07-24-18 03:07 AM
    I had only purchased slider smartphones up until my Motorola Photon Q started crapping out. At that time (Nov 2015?) there wasn't really an updated viable replacement (for Sprint in the US, anyway). I'm not sure if I just missed the KeyOne buzz or if it wasn't out for Sprint at that time yet.

I ended up with a Samsung Note5. If only because, at the time, they advertised a keyboard adapter thing that would slide over the bottom. However, at that point, the reviews were not that great and the thing was like $80. So I gave up.

Fast forward to now and I'm back to the PKB with the Key2. I ended up switching to T-Mobile from Sprint just to get this phone (after 17+ years with Sprint). And happy! I hated typing on the Note5. At work I had a USB keyboard I would break out if I had to do long messages on the phone. At home I had a bluetooth Logitech keyboard, which is awesome, but doesn't help when out and about. I also have a smartwatch which I can do very simple canned responses to e-mails/texts, which helped avoid me having to break out the phone and type on it.

As far as this concept phone goes, if it's a real keyboard with real buttons then I'm all for it. But if it's just a second screen with no actual tactile feedback then I'm not!

I do have to agree with Blackberryphosphamide though in terms of big phones and sliders. For something like the Note8 or S9 & S9+, those phones are indeed huge! It would almost indeed require two hands for the keyboard. That's what I loved about my other sliders (like the Photon Q), I was able to use it one-handed just fine. It was great. But at the same time I did enjoy the screen real estate of the Note5 (when I didn't have to type on it). So I am torn with the Samsung Oxygen. I think the news about it slipped just a few days before my Key2 purchase and it actually made me pause for a bit. But then I realized it said concept and who knows if/when it'd be out, so I just moved forward.

The Key2 is my first vertical keyboard (and first Blackberry in general, although I understand it's not actually made by Blackberry). So far I love it. My only wish, again coming from non-Blackberry land, would be for another row of keys for the numbers.
    07-30-18 09:40 AM
    I will never buy it.
    The cost seems to be cosmic.
    The keyboard that way, just a outlook, and feel to me very unconfortable.
    Samsung has to run million years at speed of light to reach BlackBerry's pkb concept.
    07-30-18 10:36 AM
    Great design. BlackBerry is fortunate that no other OEM makes a PKB device.
    Success breeds imitation....
    07-30-18 10:50 AM
    Landscape keyboard's on a phone are garbage. Nothing beat the priv. Well except for blackberry.
    07-30-18 08:06 PM
    Landscape keyboard's on a phone are garbage. Nothing beat the priv. Well except for blackberry.
    Agreed!! Though no other manufacturer has the guts to release a pkb device in 2018, as it's blackberry's niche but I don't know why people keep on bringing these concepts. Blackberry doesn't have advantage because no other company builds pkb but they've an advantage because no other manufacturer can make a pkb as dope as blackberry does.
    08-05-18 05:52 AM