Does device mgr have to be installed on a computer to use it as a usb drive? I didn't think so but I can't get my computer at work to see the media card. Mass storage mode is on, I went to go to media card and it says it is not available because mass storage mode is in use. When I first plugged in the bb, windows came up with the new hardware messages. I let it install what it said it needed to and it said the hardware was all set. When I click on the drive letter, it says please insert a disk. Is there something else I need to do? If I put the card into an adapter and put it in the media card slot on the computer, it said there was an I/O error. Is that an error on the card or the computer?

A little more info, I connected again with the USB cord and went to computer management and removable storage and my bb is listed under libraries. When I go to my computer and click on the removable drive letter, it tells me to insert a disk.
    Last edited by chele519; 02-10-09 at 08:19 AM.
    02-10-09 07:50 AM
    hmm I am not to sure. When I plug my bb in at work it ran its setup all by itself. I then went to start-> computer and both the blackberry and the memory card were accessible right from there. Some one here will be able to help you out, I'm sure. Is it possible that your work made it so your computer can't use media cards?
    02-10-09 01:14 PM
    No, we are a very small office. I'm the IT person. My boss doesn't even know how to use a computer. I think the media card is bad. I was having problems with slacker losing my cached stations and someone on that forum suggested reformatting. I did that but it still happened. I finally was able to connect to the computer here using the usb adapter that came with the card but when I tried it again later, it wouldn't work again. And it won't work with the cord. I even called Kingston and the tech person thought the card might be bad so I'm returning it.
    02-10-09 01:49 PM
    is anyone else experiencing the battery issue?!?!?!?
    02-10-09 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD