Why could they not finish the BB 10 phone, complete will all of the latest chipsets, camera, finishings and sell it NOW with the ability to upgrade the OS to BB 10 as soon as it is available?

They just have to get OS 7.2 (by then) to run the phone until it is ready for an update. You would get a high powered phone right away, 4.20" screen size and terrific hardware and only have to wait until BB 10 came out to have it all.

I would order that phone today if I knew it was the BB 10 phone for Q1 2013 without the OS. Big deal, I really like my BB 9900 OS 7.1 now. Think outside the box Heins.

Thoughts?
    06-28-12 08:43 PM
    i dont think blackberry 7 supports dual cores and hd screens, otherwise it would be a good idea.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    howarmat likes this.
    06-28-12 08:54 PM
    Why would anyone buy the new hardware with such an outdated OS? What's the inventive? Just to let them wait for something that will NEVER get released anyway?

If someone wants a quality phone with a quality OS - there are plenty of competing phones available.
    Last edited by berklon; 06-28-12 at 09:05 PM.
    06-28-12 09:01 PM
    I agree i think its too much to modify OS 7.1 to get it to work. Remember they have been laying off alot of the devs for the old OS since its pretty much good to go for the current phones.
    06-28-12 09:02 PM
    It would just be another reason for media to bash RIM.
    I don't think that would be a good idea.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-28-12 09:04 PM
    This seems like a novel idea at first but then you have to think about how RIM would market such a device and would it really sell based on a promise (aside from the technical aspects of modifying the older OS)?
    06-28-12 09:14 PM
    I doubt BB7 could even handle the amount of data coming off the latest cameras, or control the focus. I doubt it would utilize the CPU cores very well. They probably don't even have drivers for the current GPUs.

And I'm quite certain BB7 couldn't drive the high res display at any decent framerate.

There are reasons RIM needed a modern OS.
    06-28-12 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD