I have been a BlackBerry fan for several years now and continue to be. I may receive all kinds of negative comments from my posts, but I'm totally ok with that . I have been a CB fan for several years as well. It really never ceases to amaze me just how harsh, rude, crude, and negative some BB fans can be on this website and other BB fan sites. I review other forum sites of different platforms and rarely do I see some of the venom that is spewed on here and other BB fan sites. Even with other platforms that have complaints or dislikes about a particular feature/service of their device, aren't as harsh as some BB fans.

It sometimes seems like you just can't please some BB fans, regardless of what changes, attempts, etc RIM tries to make. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place...they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Everyone will always have opinions on how they think someone should run a business or do this or that...many of whom have never owned a business or had to market a product, but there are also many BB fans who are in business. I think providing CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is wonderful and helps an individual, group, and company grow and develop. But sometimes there seems to be a lot of DECONSTRUCTIVE criticism on CB and other BB fan sites.

The trolling that takes place on CB and other BB fan sites is just absolutely atrocious. When I look at other platform sites, there are a few trolls, but not like there is on CB and other BB fan sites. Which is why I believe and feel that RIM and its BB platform will continue....because people are always interested in what RIM/BB is up to and doing .

I believe that RIM has some of the most hardcore and dedicated fans, which is why I think some people are so passionate about the decisions RIM makes regarding their BB platform. There are going to be some decisions that RIM may make that will make us raise our eyebrows at or frown up, but I also feel that we don't have to be so negative in expressing our concerns and feelings. I commend RIM for trying to rectify a HUGE blunder they have made and their lack of foresight. I define failure as the inability to pick oneself up after being knocked down....RIM is trying to pick itself up and make necessary changes, which will be hard for many BB fans to accept, because change is difficult. But RIM has some of the GREATEST fans who will continue to support and root for them! Long live RIMpire!!!
    04-10-12 02:31 PM
    Hmmm, how long until this gets locked?
    04-10-12 02:43 PM
    Well said berryberry. I have to agree with you. The trolling seems to have got far worse over these last few months. What is the problem these low life have. They need to wake up and get a life.

I for one am thoroughly sick of it.

Sent from my old faithful BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    04-10-12 03:01 PM
    Deleted by me
    04-10-12 03:18 PM
    i actually think there are a lot of trolls that come here on purpose to bash RIM and the products. afterall, it is the cool thing to do.
    SnoozerBold and Bobcat665 like this.
    04-10-12 03:27 PM
    i actually think there are a lot of trolls that come here on purpose to bash RIM and the products. afterall, it is the cool thing to do.

Tell me, why should that be "cool".

Please enlighten me.

04-10-12 03:45 PM
    Tell me, why should that be "cool".

Please enlighten me.

I dont know... im just saying what im seeing.

Thor says something and BAM, media posts dozens of articles saying the EXACT OPPOSITE just to bash RIM. PB doesnt have NATIVE email and there is a HUGE uproar... but iPad doesnt have 4G, has iffy wifi and heats up to over 100 F and there are what, 5 articles...

Im dont AGREE that bashing RIM is cool, im just saying that it IS cool to do it right now
    04-10-12 03:48 PM
    Hmmm, how long until this gets locked?

Why would this get locked? Everything the OP said is true.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    04-10-12 04:07 PM
    I guess a lot of people don't look at the bigger picture, if a company like Rim goes down, so do thousands of jobs, I for one don't Troll any product, its down to personal preference really, I personally like my BB, my mate has an iphone, but we don't bother about it or even discuss them, we use them for the purpose they were intended for, and just get on with it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    04-10-12 04:07 PM
    Some of these trolls are paid to do it. They're obviously not BB fans but they come here consistently like it's a job. It's just way too easy for shady pr firms to stay-out

I've visited other phone tech sites and as soon as a BB product is reviewed there are a lot really harsh negative comments in the comment section. Statements without any kind of proof or explanation, just hit and run. Again, way too easy for shady pr firms to stay away
    04-10-12 05:30 PM
    I totally agree, there are times that I won't login to CB because I get so tired of the negative comments.
    04-10-12 05:49 PM
    I'm sorry but sometimes people need to just learn how to ignore the trolls and this would become a better place. Instead people get into a thread and start replying when they should already know it's bait. Trolls want people to do that yet they keep falling for it. Ignore them...its simple as that. People seem to forget that crackberry has a feature that can block any certain persons posts from being visible to them...
    vrs626 likes this.
    While I agree 100% with the OP about the trolling, baiting and derailing threads is a pain and usually makes the general and news forums rather unpleasant to read though, these posts usually ecomplaining about it nd up the same way as the trolling threads and locked. Usually more so than the trolling threads. im all up for healthy debate and what not but its out of hand some days.
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    I totally agree, there are times that I won't login to CB because I get so tired of the negative comments.
    I've done that from time to time I'm afraid to say. However I find staying out of the general and news forums helps. That's where most of this happens. Its been creeping into other forums lately but its no where near as bad. Lately I've just decided to post more in the threads but trying to keep my cool. I know that doesn't help but it makes me feel better sometimes ha ha ha
    04-10-12 05:52 PM
    There is nothing we can do really besides ignoring what we can.
    It's really up to the mods and they are not cleaning out the trash anymore.
    SnoozerBold and jafobabe like this.
    04-10-12 06:03 PM
    So correct me if i am wrong..but someone started a thread to complain about complainers?..
    vrs626 likes this.
    04-10-12 06:19 PM
    Your exactly the kind of troll we want rid of.

The OP has a very valid point.

And comments like this are exactly why this thread will get locked.
    04-10-12 06:24 PM
    So correct me if i am wrong..but someone started a thread to complain about complainers?..

Your exactly the kind of troll we want rid of.

The OP has a very valid point.

04-10-12 07:09 PM
    There are countless threads like these.
    Mystic205 likes this.
    04-10-12 07:23 PM
    I'm just worried that if this continues and for example: we have a thread that "complains about the complainers complaining about those who do nothing but complain" then Crackberry might rip a hole through space and time and life would cease to exist as we know ut.
    Mystic205 likes this.
    04-10-12 08:33 PM
    most of the trolls are brainwashed by media
    If we own a tech magazine company in US, the first thing we do is attract as many readers as possible right?
    the easiest way to attract them is to praise the most-used gadget and bash the least-used gadget.

that's just how the world works

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Crackberry Apps
    04-10-12 09:08 PM
    I don't have a problem with Complaining.
    I think the most annoying thing is our own fanboys who will not say anything is wrong with the BB OS.

You know. Those Close minded ones who DON'T know how to complain or admit defeat.
    It annoys me because as a BlackBerry Fanboy, I am automatically associated with them.

I love being Open Minded.
    04-10-12 09:20 PM
    I don't have a problem with Complaining.
    I think the most annoying thing is our own fanboys who will not say anything is wrong with the BB OS.

You know. Those Close minded ones who DON'T know how to complain or admit defeat.
    It annoys me because as a BlackBerry Fanboy, I am automatically associated with them.

I love being Open Minded.
    These people are in the distinct minority. No one I know is about to suggest that any platform is completely devoid of problems, including BlackBerry.

This point has been brought up ad nauseum, but I'm going to reiterate it anyway. This is not directed at Deathcommand, but intended for the OP and anybody who agrees with him. This is primarily a BlackBerry fan site. When certain individuals make it a habit of trashing the brand every chance they get and either directly or indirectly insulting us because of our choice of device, certain others of us certainly do get our hackles up about it. And yes, many of the comments and opinions are personally insulting. I came very close to canceling my CB account very recently because I had had enough of one thread after another deteriorating to the same whining, complaining, derision and arguments. But the plain fact is, the benefits of this community still outweigh the annoyances, at least for right now.

No one is in denial, very few are suggesting that everything is fine and wonderful in Waterloo, and everyone is quite aware of the struggles that RIM faces in order to just survive, let alone become any kind of dominant player again. Despite all that, most of us are still fans of the device we choose and hold out hope for the company that makes it, for whatever our reasons are. It is not blind faith, it is hope that the company will endure and continue making the devices that we still prefer over all the others. If this is not the place where we can express and discuss that hope and optimism without being labeled blind fanboys, someone please tell me what is.
    04-10-12 09:42 PM
    ^^^^^^^^
    Well said sleepngbear!
    04-11-12 12:54 AM
    sigh. conspiracy theorists strike again. if you regress the number of "troll posts" on crackberry against rim's declining market share you will see a corelation.

now what? bb users are being paid to move to other platforms?

Some of these trolls are paid to do it. They're obviously not BB fans but they come here consistently like it's a job. It's just way too easy for shady pr firms to stay-out

I've visited other phone tech sites and as soon as a BB product is reviewed there are a lot really harsh negative comments in the comment section. Statements without any kind of proof or explanation, just hit and run. Again, way too easy for shady pr firms to stay away

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-11-12 01:36 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD