Caught this article in Government Technology Magazine .
    It appears that virtualization of the work environment is expanding even more to mobile devices.
    Since VMware is behind this, I suppose it's a competitive threat to the popularity of Citrix based application environments and to Blackberry Balance itself - or MAYBE it's just one more area where BB10 can prove its power.
    Desktop/work environment virtualization should be handled with ease on a BB10 device, which can likely compete against anything the competition throws its way.

Article here: BYOD Game Changer? Two Phones in One Device
    11-29-12 07:43 AM
    Best part about balance is the look and feel is completely the same. Every app you normally use (email, memos, etc) has seamless integration with both work and personal. Running a sandboxed approach has been done for quite some time (take a look at Good Technology for instance), and doesnt require the systems resources that a VM does. (or for that matter that running two OS on top of one another does). Balance has a much better (potentially) user experience.
    pkcable, lwaysluking and spike12 like this.
    11-29-12 07:53 AM
    Those solution mentioned in the article are running two separate versions of the OS, one for work, and one for personal. This means more resources required on the hardware, just like you have with VM's on a PC/Mac. Balance appears to be the more elegant solution, and should be much less resource intensive. I'm sure the other solutions will get the job done, but will never likely be as seamless as Balance just by the nature of how they work.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-29-12 07:54 AM
    There is no device, no other solution quite like balance. Yes I think it WILL give us an advantage. Time will tell.
    11-29-12 08:23 AM
    Balance will show our stength
    11-29-12 08:38 AM
    Balance is just for BB so I guess these others will have there time in the sun. If the are laborious on the OS and battery, causing a negative perception. Score 1 for BB.
    11-29-12 09:14 PM
    it would be interesting how this is going to pan out. not sure when this is going to be out but if bb10 is fully baked in the enterprise with BES10 in 2013 it'll be another option for us enterprise admins.
    11-29-12 09:55 PM
    There is no device, no other solution quite like balance. Yes I think it WILL give us an advantage. Time will tell.
    Balance will show our stength
    Balance is just for BB so I guess these others will have there time in the sun. If the are laborious on the OS and battery, causing a negative perception. Score 1 for BB.
    it would be interesting how this is going to pan out. not sure when this is going to be out but if bb10 is fully baked in the enterprise with BES10 in 2013 it'll be another option for us enterprise admins.
    This appears to just be a more "Secure" way, and less integrated way, of separating work and personal. Users want a seamless user experience, using their existing, native, applications. Neither this, nor the secure sandbox approach offer that. So far, only Balance offers the security and user experience. If RIM can bring this, through Mobile Fusion/BES10 to iOS, Android, and WP8 devices, they could win a huge battle in enterprise by being the MDM solution of choice.
    11-30-12 06:30 AM