So yeah i have been enjoying my Telus Blackberry Storm for almost Two months now. Sure it has its issues but none the less its great phone. Now my major gripe with the phone is the lack of good GPS other then native BBMaps.

Thus far when it comes to third party GPS services there aint much choice in good free/cheap software. Google Maps is a Fubar......the Cell Tower triangulation system almost as good as paperback map....hey why not just use a paper map. Nav4all is just......ughhh........shoot me in a head.

Anything alse that can be a functional GPS for my phone? I know Poynt is in Beta stage but it seems to be US only, so is berry411. We Canadians get the short end of the stick here.
    02-04-09 01:15 PM
    about your only choice is garmin mobile, or telenav, but not sure if they work for canada...
    02-04-09 01:21 PM
    I have Garmin on my storm. Best nav I've ever used.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 12:54 AM
    There is a post somewhere on these forums on how to fix the GPS so Google Maps will work with the Telus Storm. It doesn't work for VZ and it involves modifying some of the phone's core programming.

So it's not for the us VZ users or the faint of heart
    02-05-09 01:04 AM
    There is a post somewhere on these forums on how to fix the GPS so Google Maps will work with the Telus Storm. It doesn't work for VZ and it involves modifying some of the phone's core programming.

So it's not for the us VZ users or the faint of heart
    nope you are wrong sorry.

the hack described does seem to unlock the aGPS, but it doesnt change how google maps works, even for telus phones.
    02-05-09 01:05 AM
    nope you are wrong sorry.

the hack described does seem to unlock the aGPS, but it doesnt change how google maps works, even for telus phones.
    My bad. Thought I saw someone post a success with a Telus phone and GMaps.
    02-05-09 02:08 AM
    I know Poynt is in Beta stage but it seems to be US only. We Canadians get the short end of the stick here.
    Hi Varvor,

I am a developer at Multiplied Media, the creators of Poynt. We are a Canadian company based out of Calgary. As such, we developed Poynt to work here in Canada. The Storm version is coming soon... stay tuned!
    02-05-09 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD