Hey everyone,

I have the BlackBerry 8703e with Telus so I want to get a GPS puck soon. On eBay I notice a lot of different pucks, some as low as $30 and so on. I'm just wondering will any work with GoogleMaps or Blackberry maps, or are there certain pucks that won't work properly with the Blackberry? If so what do I need to look for when purchasing? I know a more expensive one will give better reception and such, but this will probably be used maybe once a week if that. My boyfriend has a TomTom in his car, so for any long or serious trips I'd just use that, this is really more just for my personal use if I ever needed directions, so "quality" aisde, anything I need to avoid or look for?
    03-08-08 12:41 PM
    I guess I have a more expensive one - Freedom 2000. It works fine. I used it on a hike today and it tracked the entire hike. Kind of fun. Also used it last week on a trip home from Canada - searching for stuff nearby. I'd think that any bluetooth puck would work with the mapping you mentioned. Features, sizes, etc probably determine cost.
    03-09-08 01:29 AM
    The nice thing about the Freedom Keychain 2000, which I use, is that it's tiny enough to clip onto your keychain so you always have it with you, whether driving, hiking, or whatever! Cost is about $90.
    03-09-08 09:04 AM
    well i got a GlobalSat BT-359 i got off ebay i paid 54.98 every free GPS software work fine they say it has a 11 hour battery life but the thing i love i uses the same charger that my blackberry uses
    Last edited by getonerd; 03-10-08 at 08:28 AM. Reason: none
    03-10-08 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD