I have always like the Maps on the iPhone4. We actually used it a lot on our trip to San Fran to help us get around. I like how it follows you around too. We tried my storm 2 but it was pretty much useless.

So I decided to compare iPhone MAPS to the 9850 BB Maps and Bing Maps.

1. Neither BB app was as accurate as the iPhone. I found both lagged about 1-2 seconds from where we actually were. The iPhone was pretty much right on. (done while driving about 30 MPH)
    2. Neither BB app follows you on the screen. You have to keep moving the screen around. Very annoying. Is there any way to enable this?
    3. Bing Maps doesn't do pinch zoom???? The BB Maps does, but it has no satellite view.

Anyone else do any comparisons? Will we ever get Google Maps on the 9850?
    10-05-11 10:51 AM
    Install google maps from m.google.com

I have it on my 9850

btw, no pinch-to-zoom on google maps either, but BB Maps does
    Last edited by DaedalusIcarusHelios; 10-05-11 at 11:11 AM.
    10-05-11 11:08 AM
    This is one of my main concerns about upgrading to a new BB. Keep us informed if you find a good GPS solution
    10-05-11 11:54 AM
    Install google maps from m.google.com

I have it on my 9850

btw, no pinch-to-zoom on google maps either, but BB Maps does
    Thanks for the tip. I have it on there now. I hope they come out with a pinch-zoom version.
    10-05-11 12:02 PM
    Is a Zoom button that bad? Atleast you can do that with one hand, which is very handy when driving.

Also, BB Maps, Google Maps, Bing Maps and Garmin all work excellent on a Storm 2, even with weak 2G speeds. Doesn't really matter if you couldn't figure it out, but the Apps aren't that bad. Many people use them with great success on Storm 2's. Just saying... I know its irrelevant now.

I have found Google Maps does not "lag" as much as BB Maps, so give that a try.

The Garmin App (paid) works excellent, however, I'm not sure they updated it to work with new phones or not. Its full Turn by Turn GPS.
    10-05-11 12:51 PM
    I'm using TeleNav since I'm on Sprint and it has been spot on. Much better than my Garmin because the maps are always current.

BTW, it also does pinch to zoom.
    10-05-11 04:31 PM
    Just stating the obvious but did you turn "location on"? Google maps works great on my 9850 and also did on my storm
    10-05-11 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD