I currently have a 9000 and want to get a newer blackberry. What are the differences between the 9000 and the 93, 97 and 99?

Which one has the most memory for apps? Which has the better processor?

I know they will all be a little different especially with the 93 being a curve and the other two being bolds...but I'd like to hear from you all which is better? 93 is still OS6 right? And the other two are OS7? What are the differences with the OS? What is the functionality of the new OS?

I called my ATT guy and he said wait until octoberish since that's when the new bb is supposed to drop, but the whole reason I came back to bb was they keyboard...not sure I want something like the torch with a slidy keyboard thing...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    02-06-12 05:26 PM
    9900 has the best memory, keyboard, and overall performance. The only thing the others can beat it at is battery life, which will get better on 9900 with OS updates.
    02-06-12 06:55 PM
    Purchase a 9900, don't even bother with any of the other choices, as they still run OS6 (and can't be updated to OS7).
    You'll get more updates and be more pleased with OS7 on a 9900.
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    02-06-12 06:57 PM
    no need to compare, like said get the new OS7 device or wait out for the BB10 devices.
    they are all different and has their own pro's & con's. if you really want to compare,
    just google them and you can walk through all the phones pro's & con's.
    if your budget is okaay get the newest one, if possible and most likely it works out much better for you i guess.
    02-06-12 07:04 PM
    Coming from the amazing Bold 9000 you will LOVE the 9900. I would suggest trying out the keypads as the 9300/9700 are much smaller.
    02-06-12 08:43 PM
    OK, so 9900 it is. I was thinking I would just get it off Craigslist since I have an update coming in May and I wanna hold on to that for when the BB10 comes out.

One question I did have---on the blackberry site when you do the comparison of the phones it shows that the battery is actually longer for talk time on the 9900 than the others, but I am reading here that the battery is crap (which I"m used to, I've had all iPhones and some of the newer Androids, I am comfortable being tethered to a wall oulet during some parts of the day!)..how is it that RIM will say one thing but nearly all consumers are saying something else?

I know on my 9000 the battery is AWESOME if all i'm doing is BBM/Texting, a few calls, a few emails, checking social scope a few times and a few facebook/twitter posts and reading my news feeds (after iPhone and Android I never have anything auto update other than emails...all feeds and social networking is on manual refresh)
    02-06-12 09:31 PM
    9900 all the way!!! Its like night and day compared to all others haha

And especially since ur coming from the 9000

Its thinner feels great in the hand the keyboard is fantastic you will be obsessed with the touch screen and all around upgraded features compared to the 9000 software and hardware

I will only suggest you purchase a spare battery with the new 9900 (check ebay for spare battery + spare battery charger)

Oh also since the 9900 doesn't come with a leather battery door I purchased one off ebay and it feels great! I didn't care for the original battery door the 9900 came with

You don't have to wait until oct you will be pleased with the 9900 no doubt about it
    soogriff likes this.
    02-06-12 09:36 PM
    OK, so 9900 it is. I was thinking I would just get it off Craigslist since I have an update coming in May and I wanna hold on to that for when the BB10 comes out.

One question I did have---on the blackberry site when you do the comparison of the phones it shows that the battery is actually longer for talk time on the 9900 than the others, but I am reading here that the battery is crap (which I"m used to, I've had all iPhones and some of the newer Androids, I am comfortable being tethered to a wall oulet during some parts of the day!)..how is it that RIM will say one thing but nearly all consumers are saying something else?

I know on my 9000 the battery is AWESOME if all i'm doing is BBM/Texting, a few calls, a few emails, checking social scope a few times and a few facebook/twitter posts and reading my news feeds (after iPhone and Android I never have anything auto update other than emails...all feeds and social networking is on manual refresh)
    Regards to the battery life honestly to each their own

I am a heavy user from bbm to emails text phone calls web browsing twitter & fb and im watching videos and listening to music all daily I can't get through a full day on this battery

But I have a car charger and extra wall charger I keep at the office & recently purchased a spare battery that came with a battery charger on ebay it was cheap and it works great! I only got it for the days im out and about and I don't like carrying wall chargers in search of an outlet when im out for me it was well worth the purchase
    02-06-12 09:41 PM
    My 9900 has better battery life than my old 9000 did. Be extra carefull buying used, I understand your logic in wanting to save your upgrade however you don't want a bad used deal to ruin your BB experience.
    02-06-12 09:41 PM
    Four- I've almost always bought used and only if the phone is less than a year old. I had an HTC Inspire and it completely DIED the day after I bought it, went to ATT replacement store and they gave me a new one no problem! So far I've lucked out with ATT with regard to replacing bad phones.

I'm excited...can't wait to get taxes back so I can get this phone now! LOL!
    02-07-12 10:04 AM
    Yea the 9900 is speced out better than the rest of he bolds. That dont mean anything. If you dont want a touchscreen and want a nice keyboard and a all around fast device. The 9700 is a great one.
    I like os7. Yes in the areas where it was inproved its better than os6. That being said theres still apps thats having problems running on os7. os5 and os6 are solid oses. os6 has a better browser of course.
    If you want a touchscreen then no doubt the 9900 is king of the hill. That phone is so awsome im still thinking about getting me one.
    02-07-12 10:17 AM
    I would wait till BB10 comes out. Even if you don't want that phone the price drop that will occur on the existing phones will be huge! Especially if you are going to buy off of CL.

If you must do it now, the 9900 is basically your phone with everything fixed. Trackball gone replaced by Trackpad, better OS, better keyboard, much faster processor, capable of handling apps, but there aren't that many apps for it.

As for OS 7, I haven't noticed too much difference between it and 6, but the internet is much, MUCH quicker. These OS 7 phones are truly capable, just wish RIM had gotten the word out on them.
    02-07-12 12:04 PM
    If you enjoy your 9000 the 9900 is the handset for you.
    The others have a high feature count but no better than the 9900 which also has a similar if not identical size keypad to the original Bold and this aside it just feels like a 9000 in your hand.
    Touchscreen is nice if that's your kind of thing but you don't have to use it if you don't need/want to although it does work very nicely.
    Last edited by andrewknight; 02-07-12 at 02:30 PM.
    02-07-12 02:28 PM
    That's a lot of devices to compare. I'd search the CB reviews on each. Heck, you can just watch the videos. They give a quick glance of hardware and specks. Good luck.
    02-11-12 10:23 AM
    i have no complaints with my bold 9930. touch-screen & keyboard are nice to have. overall i think the best thing i like about it is the size (or lack of). very thin and light, but it still feels like a solid device. it is a little difficult web-browsing sometimes because of the smaller screen (compared to my old storm2) but i've got a playbook for that now anyway.

go bold, and don't look back
    02-11-12 11:14 AM
    9900 all the way, best phone available in my opinion. Keyboard is worth it alone plus everything else!
    02-11-12 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD