I tried to search the forums but didn't find anything, so I apologize if I'm starting an unnecessary thread. I've found that some of my contacts have a field called Company Name Reading (this field isn't on Outlook) and the field contains odd data! An example is: (*PLMO*<RGT>8=AAAAAAAA</RGT>). They all tend to start with the *PLMO*, but can differ after that (and can be much longer).

When I edit these contacts I can't change that field! If I delete out the company name it automatically clears that field. I save the change then edit again and add it back in, and it seems to be fine. But I have tons of contacts and I haven't been able to figure out how to view one contact after the other (swiping like you do with photos doesn't work?) to be able to find each contact and correct it.

On top of all that, the first contact in the contact list totally out of place alphabetically. This contact at first was duplicated and listed there three times, and when I first saw this company name reading field and deleted it, it removed the two duplicates, but now nothing is working.

I'm at a loss and this little, minor issue is driving me crazy! Can anyone help, please?? Thank you!!!!
    03-02-09 05:23 PM
    That looks like the sort of data that a 3rd party contact manager app might add to a contact. Are you running anything like that? Or an add-in to Outlook?

You can always export your contacts to an excel spread sheet, sort and edit them there, and import them again. Alternatively, ABC can do that and much more. It has a free trial, available here: ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor

Parse, convert, backup and archive IPD files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor.
    03-02-09 07:03 PM
    I've used Plaxo and LinkedIn in the past, but thought they were removed. And the sorting is all correct in Outlook, it's just on my Storm that there's an issue. I will definitely look into the 3rd party app thing though, there's always that chance! Thank you!
    03-02-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD