I just received my Bold an hour ago. I was surprised how much smaller it is than the Tour. I love the way it feels in hand. Now on to the questions. I loaded OS .423 first thing upon getting the phone. My issue is it takes my Bold a good two minutes to establish a connection with my router. Is this normal? How can I decrease connection times? Also when I do get UMA, half the time I get call failed errors. How can I remedy this? Last issue when I'm on a UMA call, I only stay connected to UMA for about 5 minutes until I get handed back off to the network even though I have wifi prefered selected. Are these issues router related or OS related? I would downgrade back down to .330, but won't have computer access until Saturday. Thanks in advance.
    01-07-10 09:58 PM
    to answer your questions.. its more then likely router related...
    01-07-10 10:08 PM
    Thanks for the reply. That's what I was afraid of, it was a router issue. Well I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend, troubleshooting my router settings.
    01-07-10 10:45 PM
    Try rebooting your router, helps sometimes.
    01-07-10 10:49 PM
    My last 9700 was sort difficult for the same reasons you've mentioned. Turned out that the hardware was not installed correctly for the UMA. I was also getting call failed errors left and right on the tmo network. I troubleshot the phone with tmo tech support and they said it was the hardware, so they sent me a new one. It took a little while to get onto my WiFi, but that was only for the 1st time. It's perfect and snappy now.

Like noaim said, it might be your router. At the minimum, you might reset it to see if that helps.

At any rate, good luck and I hope you enjoy your 9700.
    01-07-10 11:08 PM
    My last 9700 was sort difficult for the same reasons you've mentioned. Turned out that the hardware was not installed correctly for the UMA. I was also getting call failed errors left and right on the tmo network. I troubleshot the phone with tmo tech support and they said it was the hardware, so they sent me a new one. It took a little while to get onto my WiFi, but that was only for the 1st time. It's perfect and snappy now.

Like noaim said, it might be your router. At the minimum, you might reset it to see if that helps.

At any rate, good luck and I hope you enjoy your 9700.
    I tried reseting router. Again, phone will take ~2min to connect to router, connect, establish UMA, then after 10min or so, I'll lose the connection and my Bold won't be able to reconnect without rebooting the router. I do not have this issue with my laptop. FYI, I'm using a Netgear N router set to b/g/n. I tried using my old Neatgear G router set to G only and had same issues. I have another Bold coming in a week for an unrelated issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 01:34 PM
    I tried reseting router. Again, phone will take ~2min to connect to router, connect, establish UMA, then after 10min or so, I'll lose the connection and my Bold won't be able to reconnect without rebooting the router. I do not have this issue with my laptop. FYI, I'm using a Netgear N router set to b/g/n. I tried using my old Neatgear G router set to G only and had same issues. I have another Bold coming in a week for an unrelated issue.

Yeah I would wait to see how the new bold reacts. I'm thinking it will be better.
    01-08-10 01:42 PM
    Hope the new Bold works out. I am running T-Mo 9700 on .423 and the switch between UMA and T-Mo is fairly rapid. I haven't lost any calls while talking on UMA yet.

I was going to suggest setting your Router to just 'G' - but as you've already done that, I'm not sure what else to suggest!

01-08-10 01:49 PM
    to answer your questions.. its more then likely router related...
    you sound like a magic 8 ball.....

To the OP try out the WIFI setup Guide.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/uma-setup-how-206217
    01-08-10 02:29 PM
    Thanks all. Got issue resolved. Read info from Netgear Forums that the WNR2000 N router doesn't play well with VoIP/UMA running the latest firmware. I downgraded 2 firmwares and now everything is running smooth as butter. Even resolved my blackberry and laptop's slow to establish connection with router issue.
    01-09-10 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD