Hello all!
    Preface: I have been thinking about switching back to a Blackberry for a while. Mostly because I'm too connected, and I realize that doesn't make much sense, but it does to me. Mostly, this is social media, and I need off the train. To do that, I'm making the switch. Probably to a Blackberry Classic. If someone can answer these questions, I'd be very appreciative!

1. How hard is it to get my contacts onto Blackberry from iPhone? I use iCloud if that makes a difference?

2. Will I experience a HUGE speed difference in simple tasks? Texts etc.

3. The one thing I do use a lot of for work is Google Services, like Drive, and Classroom. Is that bad on a Blackberry? I assume there's no native Google Apps for this? Can do it through the browser I suppose?

4. Please list anything else that would be a big difference.

-I'm not a huge media user, such as video, I don't take a lot of pics or video. I'm a big call and texter guy though.

Thanks!
    04-05-18 11:46 AM
    Might help to know which 'BlackBerry' you plan on returning to considering the latest devices all run Android, so alas, your worries about Google services, Drive and Classroom would be unfounded.

As for your contacts, you could just export them from iCloud and then just import them. Speed differences would be pretty much negligble and in some cases, you might fand tasks easier to complete.

However, I say all this based on the assumption you would be getting a Android based BlackBerry. If you're going to a BlackBerry 10 device well, that's different and a much more convoluted process all around.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-05-18 12:08 PM
    So, a Blackberry Classic is not Android BB?
    04-05-18 12:30 PM
    Ok. I'm now learning there are only like 3 Blackberries running the Android OS? Am I correct there? Which ones if someone knows? Thanks.
    04-05-18 12:34 PM
    Ok. I'm now learning there are only like 3 Blackberries running the Android OS? Am I correct there? Which ones if someone knows? Thanks.
    Priv, keyone, motion with 2 more on the way.
    tanknitrous and skinnymike1 like this.
    04-05-18 01:12 PM
    Hello all!
    Preface: I have been thinking about switching back to a Blackberry for a while. Mostly because I'm too connected, and I realize that doesn't make much sense, but it does to me. Mostly, this is social media, and I need off the train. To do that, I'm making the switch. Probably to a Blackberry Classic. If someone can answer these questions, I'd be very appreciative!

1. How hard is it to get my contacts onto Blackberry from iPhone? I use iCloud if that makes a difference?

3. The one thing I do use a lot of for work is Google Services, like Drive, and Classroom. Is that bad on a Blackberry? I assume there's no native Google Apps for this? Can do it through the browser I suppose?

-I'm not a huge media user, such as video, I don't take a lot of pics or video. I'm a big call and texter guy though.

Thanks!
    1) Not hard to add you iCloud account, so contacts should be no problem.

2) Simple task... very little (but it will be just texting, not iMessage)

3) With the BlackBerry Classic... Google Services will be an issue, and with BB10 being EOL what works today, might not tomorrow. Most of the Google stuff depends on hacks.

The newer phones like the KEYone run Android.... but they are just as "connected" as an iPhone. Really don't see how switching to BlackBerry fixes your problem. If you want a physical keyboard or just want to come back... that's different.

Would not buy a BB10 powered phone (Classic) at this point.. you'll spend more time with work around than it's worth at this point.
    tanknitrous likes this.
    04-05-18 01:19 PM
    The keyboard....hit the nail on the head. Lol
    04-05-18 02:02 PM
    I love the keyboard on my KeyOne, if that's what you're looking for. It runs android so can pretty much do anything the iPhone can. I found the PRIV keyboard to be too "squishy" for me, but it has larger screen real estate.
    04-05-18 03:21 PM
    Priv, keyone, motion with 2 more on the way.
    Don't forget the DTEK50 and DTEK60.
    04-05-18 08:53 PM
    Don't forget the DTEK50 and DTEK60.
    How could I forget:-)
    04-05-18 08:54 PM
    If you want a keyboard I would suggest a KEYone black edition, classroom and drive, no issue here at all. I assume you are a student or teacher? As a parent I’m probably not on classroom as much as you but when I am ...zero issues
    04-05-18 10:55 PM
    Oh...and welcome home!
    04-05-18 10:56 PM
    Get a KeyONE. Don't bother with a Classic or anything on BB10. Only people who should use BB10 today are people who have already been using it for sometime and people who know about all the limitations.

Posted via CB10
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    04-06-18 12:12 AM
    Get a KeyONE. Don't bother with a Classic or anything on BB10. Only people who should use BB10 today are people who have already been using it for sometime and people who know about all the limitations.

Posted via CB10
    As a die-hard BB10 user I wholly agree with this. If I were looking for a new device today I wouldn't even consider a BB10 device but as I still run a Passport and Leap I do enjoy keeping them running as long as I possibly can knowing their limitations and foibles.
    04-06-18 11:57 AM
    You've just invalidated anything older than the Priv (including the Classic), since those run the legacy BB10 OS rather than Android. No sense in gambling with workarounds for the important things.

Anyway, assuming you're coming over for the keyboard, the KEYone is your best bet, or you could try your luck that the expected KEYone successor gets announced soon. If you want a full touch, consider the Motion, although that might be complicated if you're on certain carriers (Sprint and Verizon especially).
    04-06-18 12:05 PM
    Yes. I am a teacher. Lol. I'm liking what I'm hearing about the KEYone. Love the keyboard, and I said, i'm just not a big media user. Just need it to take care of biz. Would I encounter any issues with changing things over to a KEYone as far as contacts and they're the same sim right? And Verizon...good to go on that network I assume?
    04-06-18 06:51 PM
    Yes. I am a teacher. Lol. I'm liking what I'm hearing about the KEYone. Love the keyboard, and I said, i'm just not a big media user. Just need it to take care of biz. Would I encounter any issues with changing things over to a KEYone as far as contacts and they're the same sim right? And Verizon...good to go on that network I assume?
    Yeah, you should be fine if you pick up the unlocked CDMA KEYone (i.e. this one), same SIM, full Verizon support, and it works like just about any other Android phone. Since you're coming from an iPhone you might get some SMS issues but there are fixes.
    04-06-18 10:42 PM
    full Verizon support
    Almost
    No VVM support, but I can't imagine that being a deal breaker for 99% of people. International service will require a call to CS.
    04-07-18 08:44 AM
    Thanks for all the replies here guys. Appreciate it!
    04-08-18 09:19 AM
    Hello all!

Thanks!
    Short answer to that:
    Rather go with an AndroidBerry, like the KEYone if you want to go with the "classical BlackBerry form factor and keyboard".
    Doesn't matter how you will twist and turn it around - OS10 is dead.
    No more support from BlackBerry - Google Services won't work (as they should), no Android runtime update anymore, BlackBerry World (the AppStore) will be gone by 2019.
    04-10-18 04:17 AM