I have been with the Galaxy/Samsung since ATT basicly forced me into the Captivate Glide from my Torch II when they didn't have any Torch II warranty replacement phones. But I digress.

I am getting tired of the schemes that Samsung and Apple are slowing down older phones to force an upgrade. I ran several benchmarks on my S7 last night, and my 2200 MHZ processor was clocked at 1500 MHZ on every core, and my battery life is abysmal I am getting 5ish hours of moderate use if I am lucky.

So I ask you should I get the Motion or KeyOne?

I want to try going back to a physical keyboard as I love typing on my Fiance's PRIV. However, I feel like I will miss the IP rating of the Galaxy. Both phones are larger than I am used to, but I think I will enjoy coming back to BB.

Unfortunately, I can't find any anywhere on a shelf to handle either phone. I feel like if I could hold them my decision would be easier. So what say you if you have either phone?
    04-09-18 09:11 AM
    Samsung doesn't intentionally degrade phone performance, if your clock speed is lower it could big.LITTLE kicking in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_big.LITTLE

To answer your question though, I think it would depend on whether or not you're able to go back to a physical keyboard after using a touchscreen for so long. The Keyone successor likely isn't far off now either so it might be worth waiting a few weeks.
    04-09-18 10:05 AM
    Motion, you'll love the massive battery life, it's for real, I own a Motion and a KEYone and am constantly amazed at the battery life.
    04-12-18 03:44 PM
    As stated above, the biggest question is whether you want that pkb or not. I absolutely love the pkb since coming back to it and think I'd have a hard time getting away from it again.
    04-12-18 10:25 PM
    Samsung doesn't intentionally degrade phone performance, if your clock speed is lower it could big.LITTLE kicking in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_big.LITTLE

To answer your question though, I think it would depend on whether or not you're able to go back to a physical keyboard after using a touchscreen for so long. The Keyone successor likely isn't far off now either so it might be worth waiting a few weeks.
    A few weeks? Really?
    04-12-18 10:46 PM
    A few weeks? Really?
    Sorry I should have clarified, I meant wait a few weeks to see if news or rumors point to an announcement or release date.

Possible renders were posted the day after so hopefully an official reveal isn't far behind,

https://crackberry.com/blackberry-at...-appear-online
    04-12-18 11:01 PM
    My son has the Motion and I have the Black Ltd Edition KEYone. Both feel good in my hands and excellent battery life.
    bbafdad likes this.
    04-13-18 02:53 PM