I have had my android now for over 2 years & still miss my old palm Treo keyboard. Seeing the new 9930 makes me want to switch back to having a keyboard.

So my biggest question is how will the apps be? I understand that there is not as many but I'm hoping for a few that can be picked up for BB.

1Maps & navigation
    2 Simple way to sync iTunes music
    3 SMS pop-up for quick reply

What else should i be looking for to make my switch enjoyable & easy?

Also does blackberry sync well with outlook for email?

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk
    07-25-11 11:52 PM
    1 google Maps will most likely do something.

2. Itunes sync is fairly pain free.

3. Try BeBuzz. It works on OS 6. I think Qsms stopped working on 6.(Someone confirm please)

4. Learn the shortcuts ASAP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 12:45 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry... as the poster above said, shortcuts... they are amazing.
    IMO I find pop ups annoying when I'm in the middle of something, I hate being interrupted. My old Iphone did that and it drove me nuts.
    07-26-11 12:56 AM
    yes to all of your questions.
    07-26-11 01:33 AM
    Once you have the Desktop Manager set up you can sync itunes over wifi, no cables, really easy.

I use Blackberry Maps and Google Maps but if you want turn by turn navigation you're gonna have to pay.

I find Blackberry Maps best and they use very little data.

07-26-11 03:28 AM
    If you will use a holster or pouch you can have it set to open the sms as soon as you take your phone out of it, no need for pop up.

07-26-11 03:29 AM
    A very wise decision, go get the berry and if any issues do come up. give us a yell, we are here to help.
    07-26-11 05:12 AM
    There is at least one app in AppWorld that will give you the pop up notification that you are looking for. I don't remember it's name but i remember coming across it while I was looking for something else. A quick search for "sms" will probably find it for you.

As far as voice turn by turn navigation goes. It has already been stated that you will have to pay for it. However, some carriers provide it for free. US Cellular gives you their branded version Telenav called Your Navigator Deluxe. It's included with the smartphone data package. I don't know about any other carriers though.
    07-26-11 07:11 AM
    Actually search for "popup" instead, quite a few options, some free.

07-26-11 07:18 AM
    Actually search for "popup" instead, quite a few options, some free.

Seems that the free ones are trials and the full apps are $4-5
    07-26-11 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD